Class of 2018 - PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas

This is a f—ed up ridiculous ruling. The NCAA is the worst. They run a kangaroo court, they punish kids without evidence, and the programs like KU and Zona and the the administrators there get off scot free.

I dont know. Kansas is a filthy program, if you go back to who they have gotten over the years.

So bag man give kids parents money which = the kids getting paid and nothing really happens. Cuse gets caught in an 8 year investigation and is found to pay some dude at the Y for working and one test taken for Fab and we get hammered. Yeah seems right... hard to take college hoops seriously anymore.

I literally cannot wait till that hypocrite Mark Emmert parishes in flames. What a scumbag, fitting that he heads the most hypocritical organization in all of sports.

As if we didn't already know this, but the NCAA is all over the map with these punishments or in some cases lack of. This one seems to be on the Cuse side = extreme. Sit out the rest of this year and next for his guardian's wrong doing...

And don't get it twisted, Kansas is long overdue for some sort of sanctions... but this and directed just at the kid.

They should find out, if they don’t already know, who the college administrators are that made the decision and then when one of kansas’s administrators are on the committee, and one of those schools are in trouble, say pay back is a beach. I wonder how much of that really happens a already.

This is a f—ed up ridiculous ruling. The NCAA is the worst. They run a kangaroo court, they punish kids without evidence, and the programs like KU and Zona and the the administrators there get off scot free.
It sounds like there is some evidence in this case, although I admittedly don't know any more than what was in the statements in this thread.

So it's okay that Cam Newton's dad took money, but not this kids' guardian?

So it's okay that Cam Newton's dad took money, but not this kids' guardian?
Not at all. After the Newton fiasco, they changed the rule.

As an aside, I noticed that Fox sports reported the first payment was made by a KU booster. I wonder if that
could lead to penalties for KU. Or if they're just going to come down on the player.

It sounds like there is some evidence in this case, although I admittedly don't know any more than what was in the statements in this thread.

There is testimony given under oath at trial from the person that paid the family member. So, saying no evidence is untrue. I believe the facts here are no one denies the payments. Rather the opposition finds the punishment too severe. Under the rules, the player could be banned for life, but they mitigated it to two years. He will have 1.5 to play.

Not at all. After the Newton fiasco, they changed the rule.

As an aside, I noticed that Fox sports reported the first payment was made by a KU booster. I wonder if that
could lead to penalties for KU. Or if they're just going to come down on the player.
Or, in true NCAA fashion where it comes to the blue bloods, they will punish their women's team.

There is testimony given under oath at trial from the person that paid the family member. So, saying no evidence is untrue. I believe the facts here are no one denies the payments. Rather the opposition finds the punishment too severe. Under the rules, the player could be banned for life, but they mitigated it to two years. He will have 1.5 to play.

Hopefully the G League or a Euro league will take him. The NCAA effectively ended his college career if this holds up, which was likely their intention.

Last edited by a moderator: