PFF grades | Syracusefan.com

PFF grades

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Kudos to Enrique. Not good as a group obviously.

Pass Blocking
E. Cruz - very good
Bleich - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Reed - poor

Run blocking
E. Cruz - average
Reed - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Bleich - below average

Highest rated offensive player
Hatcher - high end of above average

Highest rated defensive player
Thompson - above average

Just an FYI. Wax had the lowest grade of the defensive players and Shrader had the 2nd lowest grade on offense. Like Dino said last week, some of our best players did not play well.

Wax missed some time with cramping.

Don't these guys drink pickle juice anymore?

Yes he did. About 19 snaps. But he played 76 snaps. Another 19 wasn’t going to help his grade.

Our leaders are failing to step up. If they don't flip a switch then the season is going to go in a bad way.

Wax was chosen as a leader because his play on the field in my opinion. He hasn't shown to be much of a leader otherwise. When he fails to perform on the field he offers very little.

Pass Blocking
E. Cruz - very good
Bleich - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Reed - poor

Run blocking
E. Cruz - average
Reed - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Bleich - below average

Thompson - above average

Just an FYI. Wax had the lowest grade of the defensive players and Shrader had the 2nd lowest grade on offense. Like Dino said last week, some of our best players did not play well.

Thanks for posting. I was actually going to ask you what Shraders PFF was. interesting about Wax. watching the game thought he was terrible.

Pass Blocking
E. Cruz - very good
Bleich - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Reed - poor

Run blocking
E. Cruz - average
Reed - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Bleich - below average

Thompson - above average

Glad to see Stefon Thompson play a bit more and make some plays. I was actaully surprised he got beat out by McDonald and Lowery, but those two can play.

Nice to see Hatcher step up a bit. Shocked the lack of run with Jones and Alford - maybe coach is sending a message?

Surprised Wax graded so low -- seemed not to be around the ball as much, but still called his name a bunch. Two rough games in a row. Still one of my favorites.

Shrader had a tough game, but ironically his completion % was better than Maye's (yes, more to that story). Hasn't been able to get the dual threat going the last couple games...need to see a bit of both to be successful.

Bradford and Petry are struggling so baldly it is impossible to run an offense.

Thanks for posting. I was actually going to ask you what Shraders PFF was. interesting about Wax. watching the game thought he was terrible.
I don’t think wax has been very effective all year. Personally I would rather see him move from the middle and back outside.

Our leaders are failing to step up. If they don't flip a switch then the season is going to go in a bad way.

Wax was chosen as a leader because his play on the field in my opinion. He hasn't shown to be much of a leader otherwise. When he fails to perform on the field he offers very little.
Seriously. I mean look at Alford. Has there been a bigger “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” type in this program?

Pass Blocking
E. Cruz - very good
Bleich - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Reed - poor

Run blocking
E. Cruz - average
Reed - average
Bradford - below average
Petry - below average
Bleich - below average

Thompson - above average

Curious how Bleich graded at florida...

He was a slightly better run blocker at Florida but a far better pass blocker here.
Interesting.

His surgery should have aided in mobility. I have no idea how he's worse at run blocking,, here, if he was decent in the SEC... He did lose some strength, which he's regained, but all of that should improve.

Addazio made lesser recruits than we get, to be very good linemen. I'm certainly biased, and old school. At this point, I'd take his mehh .500 record. Dino can certainly win recruits with his personality. I just wish he ran more of a pro scheme, with oline fundamentals. Mix it up with the other talented pieces we have.

The tempo thing? Oline play barely mattered. A gimmick that was exposed. Running the same plays that relied on the opponent being too tired to cover, when they are NOT tired? I dunno...

I adored Scmidts plays in 2021. Smashmouth, and resulted in Tucker's 1500.

For Cuse, I think it starts with Oline play. (Overall, lesser talent) If our line was as good as Addazio's, with some Dino flair? We'd be a consistently decent team... I dont think we've ever adapted.

Addazio made lesser recruits than we get, to be very good linemen.
That is fundamentally incorrect.

BC has a pipeline going back some five decades of relationships with Catholic school academies that churn out legitimate offensive line prospects.

Because of that, meathead football works for BC in a way that could not and would not work for us.

Seriously. I mean look at Alford. Has there been a bigger “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” type in this program?
I’d take Jane over any WR on this roster.

I’d take Jane over any WR on this roster.
walt disney jane GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom