Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

When can we get your apology?
Eh? I’m good on apologizing to a manchild so constantly seeking validation on a sportsfan board he has to pat himself on the back everytime he gets the chance.

I will however admit I was wrong for trusting the info we had.

Here’s the rub….

How can they have a “credible” basketball tournament without the big east teams?

“Do you want our football games on your network? Then you take our tourney and try to give it credibility”

Thanks. Saying you were wrong helps the board get along better as you liked in my previous post
That’s the easy part. I’m wrong im wrong i could care less. Couldn’t agree more we all strike out.

No doubt. I expect the football powers will try to spilt off sooner than later.
That’s what i was saying the other day too. All the powers of both sides would benefit at this point.

syracuse program goals: win

portal player goals: get as much money as possible and set self up for as much future money as possible

aligning both of these goals is difficult although not impossible

Hurley from UCONN talked about turning down better talent for this reason

lets take heed

lets just acknowledge that a lot of players are going to act out of selfish motivations...thats just what this is...and the portal facilitates that like never before. imo, the players who are acting most out of self interest are more likely to play selfishly in the end...although the overlap is not 100%.

there may indeed be players who drag out recruitment, leak false info, play shcool against each other to up their NIl, etc...who are great team players and selfless when it comes to on the court play...but I would bet they are in the minority

most of them are going to be headaches who ower their teams ceilings even if they put up "good" stats

a player who will have no NBA chance or cannot command much NIL...otoh will likely play for the jersey ijs

my guess is that the coaches are targeting team players and avoiding prima donnas like the plague
Jim Boeheim, is that you?

This player wasn't going to make us a great team, so time to move on and find someone better.
agreed. The kid took the biggest bag from his hometown team. Smart move on his part because it's the last money he will ever make playing hoops unless he wants to move to Cambodia. This way he can get a job from one of the boosters if he doesn't want to move halfway across the world.

Someone like him would have been bad for team chemistry. All about the money and also an indecisive person overall. Would have been a ME 1st player.

Couldn’t you suggest everyone we have on an NIl deal was all about the money?

Did known hired gun Lampkin select Syracuse because he likes the winters?

I wasn’t overly excited about him but genuinely happy he gets to go home and got paid. The Syracuse basketball NIL situation does seem a bit concerning though.

I wasn’t overly excited about him but genuinely happy he gets to go home and got paid. The Syracuse basketball NIL situation does seem a bit concerning though.
Concerning how? You know how much they have currently and how much is coming in every month?

Couldn’t you suggest everyone we have on an NIl deal was all about the money?

Did known hired gun Lampkin select Syracuse because he likes the winters?
I'd say it's the optics. How he seemed to drag out the recruitment to squeeze every last nil dollar. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my perceived notion of the situation. Lampkins didn't seem the same way, much quicker commitment.

what’s wrong with Carlos? He doesn’t score 17 a game on 17 shots? He’s a real point guard, exactly what the team needs.
Carlos is not an ACC caliber starting PG. Unless you absolutely run the table and do what you want at will in the Colonial you don’t have business starting on an ACC team. He was brought in here to give us minutes and energy off the bench

Someone like him would have been bad for team chemistry. All about the money and also an indecisive person overall. Would have been a ME 1st player.
That is such a unfair statement. It is beneath you. You don't know him. You know nothing about him. He made a decision to 1. play close to home. 2. Play with a former teammate. 3. Get the most money. That makes him selfish? Well, that makes everyone who has ever chosen to work closer to home , with friends and for more money a bad co worker. That is ridiculous. It didn't go our way. I really wanted the kid. But I won't knock him for making the decision that was right for him and his future.

feeling more to me like we paid more for Lampkin than we wanted or had planned to and are now left with... let's just say not a large amount-
which, all told, could reasonably be construed as concerning
Definitely a possibility

Carlos is not an ACC caliber starting PG. Unless you absolutely run the table and do what you want at will in the Colonial you don’t have business starting on an ACC team. He was brought in here to give us minutes and energy off the bench
And leffew was?