Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent amount of bball players used to go to Campus Cuts, on Marshall St, but then they closed in 2013 or 2014ish. Haven't been back to Cuse since 2017 but there wasn't a ton of good options on Marshall St since the close. My barber cut Jordan Tucker on his visit, he was located in West Genesee if I remember correctly. Katie Kolinski went to HS with my barber, so she set it up.
Ryan Shackleton went to school w Katie as well as my son. In village of Camillus doing a good business

All the negativity surrounding the fact that he may not come is unwarranted. He is being very vocal about bringing others with him. Regardless if he comes or not, we are going to land a few more guys based off this. This is creating momentum on the trail we haven’t had in a long time. If he does come, it’s gravy.
This is exactly where I am at

Yup. Right now we probably have the #1 rated recruiting class. Why can't people embrace that. Give the staff due respect and keep grinding. Everyone knows the score.
This^^^
Frankly some of the responses in this thread are an embarrassment. Some people are posting like we’re a “never-was” as a program, and that’s just silly.
I love that we have a Top 10 recruit seemingly ready and willing to lead a resurgence of the program. But can we at least act like we’ve been there before? Yeah, we’ve slumped lately, but damnit...we’re Syracuse, not fricken’ Colgate!

Last edited:
I imagine this was the pitch. Dior, you have been away from home a long time. You'll soon enough be in the NBA.
Why not come home for a year and let your family and friends come see you play? The Dome will be new and crazy with you here.
We might even win a championship.

It's very unusual. He said he wasn't really interested in the recruiting process. When was the last time a 5 star top 10 kid committed this early
Going to believe Dior. Read his blog entry, and liked it a lot.
The timeline and other reasons being projected as "this isn't happening" fall on my deaf ears.
Going to allow myself to dream...
LET'S GO DIOR!

Please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit Please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit Please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit Please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit Please don’t decommit please don’t decommit please don’t decommit

Every now and then you find a kid who is just different. Pearl was different. Melo was different. JDub, Flynn/Harris, Dion.. why not Dior? We have a long term relationship with this kid and he has a maturity about him. He has guys like LeBron around him who only help him understand the importance of that maturity and being a trailblazer.

If the one and done rule holds off there are more reasons to be confident in him donning orange than not. Just pay attention to how he conducts himself and communicates. Also, when he brings the hoard with him you then have a pack of talented kids not just one hopeful. For once I think optimism is truly warranted here. It feels almost silly to say that given how many snakebites we have but we are over freaking due.

Going to believe Dior. Read his blog entry, and liked it a lot.
The timeline and other reasons being projected as "this isn't happening" fall on my deaf ears.
Going to allow myself to dream...
LET'S GO DIOR!
I believe him and I'm excited. Just was wondering who the last kid was that did this early who was highly rated

Andrew slater said watch for another good one. What are the chances someone else commits within the next couple of months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom