Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200208-035046_Instagram.jpg

Every now and then you find a kid who is just different. Pearl was different. Melo was different. JDub, Flynn/Harris, Dion.. why not Dior? We have a long term relationship with this kid and he has a maturity about him. He has guys like LeBron around him who only help him understand the importance of that maturity and being a trailblazer.

If the one and done rule holds off there are more reasons to be confident in him donning orange than not. Just pay attention to how he conducts himself and communicates. Also, when he brings the hoard with him you then have a pack of talented kids not just one hopeful. For once I think optimism is truly warranted here. It feels almost silly to say that given how many snakebites we have but we are over freaking due.
Good point. LeBron obviously has a major influence on the kid. Dior seems mature for his age just like LeBron. For a kid like Dior, the NBA money will be there whether he’s 18 or 19. I know a lot of us argue about Hughes, but he’s a fringe 2nd rounder who’s 23 who needs to maximize his earning Potential. Dior will be a top10 pick at 18 or 19, why not come home for 1 year?

So now we have to hope that the NBA doesn't change their draft rules.
Massive win by Gmac. This kid is in the Billy Owen, Melo, Dion league of recruits. What it tells me is that JB is either staying longer or Red or Gmac will be taking over.
I don’t think it tells us anything.

I wonder do we go light on 21 recruits now and see what gmac and dior can do with 22 elites? How many ships would we have for 22?

2022: Robert Braswell, Buddy Boeheim, Jalen Carey, Howard Washington
2023: John Bol Ajak, Jesse Edwards, Joe Girard, Brycen Goodine, Quincy Guerrier
2024: Woody Newton

Easy to assume that Carey won’t be here in 2022. Q will most likely go pro before his season senior season in 2023. Then there’s guys like HoWash and Bras that who knows?

interesting that we could have 2 junior guards that year in JG3 and goodine

Easy to assume that Carey won’t be here in 2022. Q will most likely go pro before his season senior season in 2023. Then there’s guys like HoWash and Bras that who knows?

Don’t forget about Kadary.

I think you are one year off. JG will be a senior, and Buddy's class will be gone by the time Dior hopefully suits up for Cuse. Right?

You are a year off. Buddy, Braswell, etc will graduate in 22 and would not overlap with Dior. Q, JG3 etc would be seniors, assuming they are still here. Woody and Kadary would be juniors. Think there will be plenty of scholarships, if the 22 class shows the promise that is possible.

Some of our best recruiting classes started with a player committing early and recruiting other players (Edelin, Flynn, Waiters, etc.). Dior, Chance/Zion, and Macawber would be an amazing class.

Last edited:
You are a year off. Buddy, Braswell, etc will graduate in 22 and would not overlap with Dior. Q, JG3 etc would be seniors, assuming they are still here. Woody and Kadary would be juniors. Think there will be plenty of scholarships, if the 22 class shows the promise that is possible.
I think the year listed is the year the scholarship opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors