Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets face it. The kid is a sophomore. There is way to much time between now and when he is in college to count on his commitment. 2 more years is an eternity in today's world.

After the Bazely and Quade situations I’m not going to get too hyped until recruits are on campus for the first practice. Although even then that doesn’t guarantee anything (Winfred Walton).

I meant his “Orange was going to make a run! No cap.” The past tense stands out now.

that was referring to this cuse team, so not worried there

i think dior was tight with ho wash. Not a good look to have the transfers. But really shouldnt impact dior either because both those guys would be gone.

Doesnt look good though, this is how decommits start

Last edited:
Someone alerted me to this last night. It was within a half hour of tweeting about Syracuse making a run. No idea what his IG looked like before but his Twitter is still all orange.

that was referring to this cuse team, so not worried there

i think dior was tight with ho wash. Not a good look to have the transfers. But really shouldnt impact dior either because both those guys would be gone.

Doesnt look good though, this is how decommits start
Dior was never gonna play with HoWash anyway. Not sure what him leaving would matter

This is definitely not good. No reason for him to take that all down out of nowhere. Eek. Wonder what the board is gonna think of this come early morning Tomm. Nice weekend here for SU. Smh

Why would he tweet about how Cuse was about to make a run if the season didn’t get cancelled, if there was an issue?

Don't follow social media-
So is it what Dior did that unusual? Expected that he'd be aware of this resulting reaction?
Reasonable to assume it's a wkd and Dior could just be updating his social media stuff?
With no announcement, will assume it's nothing.

Not sure about the tweet but removing all Syracuse items from his IG is clearly intentional. When you “update” your Instagram you usually add more. Why did he only delete SU pics, why would he delete his commitment photo, why would he erase his Syracuse commit bio... basically as if he has zero association to the school is def concerning...

Makes you wonder if he was friends with any of the transfers and heard some things he didn't like? I say that given the timing of the transfers and the changes he has made on social media from what people are saying. Given he is a kid, it would not surprise me if his mind might change on a dime.

Last edited:
Knock knock
Who is it?
Bag guy with sweet sneaker deal.
Hang on a second, I gotta clean up some stuff on the internet.
So, you were saying I’m gonna be rich

OK so then what Dior did is weird, and concern regarding being timed with 3 guards to xfer portal.
Regardless, is it normal for a commit to indicate intentions with a social media "announcement" prior to an official announcement, then sit back and enjoy the resulting conjecture?
That's manipulative and petty-
-unless something turned Dior strongly against the program can't correlate that to the same kid who made so many great comments about coming to SU.

OK so then what Dior did is weird, and concern regarding being timed with 3 guards to xfer portal.
Regardless, is it normal for a commit to indicate intentions with a social media "announcement" prior to an official announcement, then sit back and enjoy the resulting conjecture?
That's manipulative and petty-
-unless something turned Dior strongly against the program can't correlate that to the same kid who made so many great comments about coming to SU.
He is a 16 year old that made changes to one of his social media pages. We should hold off on making comments about his character until he actually decommits and even if he does he is still a child basically.

Anyone that got crazy excited about him committing was overreacting. Anyone freaking out because of his social media activity is overreacting.

My suggestion, stop waxing and waning over every move a sophomore in high school makes. Any chance he has to make it to campus is way in the future.

Not sure about the tweet but removing all Syracuse items from his IG is clearly intentional. When you “update” your Instagram you usually add more. Why did he only delete SU pics, why would he delete his commitment photo, why would he erase his Syracuse commit bio... basically as if he has zero association to the school is def concerning...

It is. But he tweeted about Cuse the same day and on twitter he’s only following 11 people: 4 of them are SU stuff - the SU hoops account, GMac, Autry, and Griff.

I can only hope he’s making his IG his “personal” page, and using other social media for b-ball stuff?

He is a 16 year old that made changes to one of his social media pages. We should hold off on making comments about his character until he actually decommits and even if he does he is still a child basically.
To verify my post was clear-
Don't expect it was a "pre-announcement" based on what doesn't correlate.
Though unlikely, if was pre-announcement then yes will say that's poor character for anyone, at any age.

Not losing sleep over any of this -don't worry about what I can't change.:)

I’m not looking too deep into this. He would have already de-commited if he didn’t want to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom