Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes being run out for 35 minutes a game here doesn’t pan out well for guys. See Fair and Battle. I think both had some nba talent, especially Battle.
Hahaah yeah tell the kids that. I bet Scheyer isn’t pitching to JJ “we will play you less here so you don’t get overexposed on tape” jeez

Hahaah yeah tell the kids that. I bet Scheyer isn’t pitching to JJ “we will play you less here so you don’t get overexposed on tape” jeez
Nobody is saying he’s saying that he is……..

I hope JJ and his advisers can see that at SU he gets to play a bigger role and shine. Even if he starts for Duke, with the talent they have he will be a role player who primarily has to get the ball to the 1st and 2nd options -- the big stars.

NIL may be playing a big factor in this decision.

That would favor the hometown team over the other programs in play.

The dynamic of just how many nationwide offers kids can get through going to say Duke is going to be a story to watch with the NIL. Locally at some point there is only so much cheddar to go around. JJ is competing with his teammates in this regard at Duke.

Now if things get to where it's a buffet of opportunities on a much larger scale because you go to Duke, UK, UNC etc and it's a matter of walk through the door and here it is then we can go on about regional stuff forever but it won't hold a candle money wise. I think for where we are right now it makes sense that local can provide more realistic NIL revenue streams than Duke with a stable of 5 stars and first round picks.

2.jpg

Ugh...I love the positive shift and the confidence but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment! Getting JJ would be as big a commitment as we've had in quite some time and would really make our 22 class special. Fingers crossed!

I would like him at SU.

Just wonder how he'll get "the chance to shine" given the unrepentant gunner who
currently plays the position, and who JB has already shown a preference for over a
more talented PG.

JJ's better; I hope he chooses SU.

I would like him at SU.

Just wonder how he'll get "the chance to shine" given the unrepentant gunner who
currently plays the position, and who JB has already shown a preference for over a
more talented PG.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure JJ would be our starting 2 next year if he commits I don't think he would be fighting whoever you're talking about for pg minutes.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure JJ would be our starting 2 next year if he commits I don't think he would be fighting whoever you're talking about for pg minutes.
So we’re going to tell a point guard who has a Duke offer that we want him to play off the ball?

Look, the intentions and desires as well as the pros and cons of both universities have been made.

It is down to the player and family to make their decision on which school to go to.

If it’s Duke, Syracuse or some other school, accept whatever decision it is when the time comes.

Syracuse has done their best in recruiting JJ. It is now up to the recruit to make his decision.

There’s no doubt we’ve been the most consistent. Duke has only come into the picture over the last three or four months. What scares me is the possibility this ends up like Flip. We had what felt like poll position with Flip and even though Duke came in late they prevailed

I really question how much college basketball these kids watch. If JJ has been a consistent watcher of his hometown team he’d remember a 22-0 start. If not, he probably recognizes the Duke name brand.

I really question how much college basketball these kids watch. If JJ has been a consistent watcher of his hometown team he’d remember a 22-0 start. If not, he probably recognizes the Duke name brand.
25-0 start, but yeah. Plus two Final Fours in the last 8 years and multiple number one NCAA tourney seeds.

I would like him at SU.

more talented PG.

"Like"—just for the "unrepentant."

Sounds like the logline/trailer for a western: "In a world... the unrepentant gunner..."

25-0 start, but yeah. Plus two Final Fours in the last 8 years and multiple number one NCAA tourney seeds.
Is it possible for a young basketball player growing in a basketball town to not "idolize" their star players and not want to be one of them playing in front of 30,000 rabid fans chanting your name: JJ, JJ, JJ, KID DYNOMITE!!!

I ask, can someone really pass that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.