Class of 2018 - PG Malik Zachery (NY) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Malik Zachery (NY)

Other than being interested in following this kid because he's local, I don't see SU being a likely destination. WE have a program PG in Washington. If we pursued another PG it would be recruiting over HW. It's fun to keep tabs on the local guys, but IMO he's not signing here in 2017 or 2018. Thoughts?

He hasn't been offered.

He hasn't been offered.

I know. I'm just surprised we are still posting about him. I don't think he's a viable option right now with HW on board. Hope the kid does well though since he's a local kid and all.

Mike Waters replied in a tweet last night asking for a follow so he could send a DM. Possibly just to write an article about him since he is from Syracuse and tweet he replied to was about an offer from Cal (he has Ole Miss offer too).

3 years to play. Sat out last year -- medical redshirt. Torn ligament in finger.

Mike from 24/7 also following him...

did anyone watch this video? Are we not offering him? If not that's crazy. I don't know much about the recruiting game for hoops (used to for football though), regardless know talent when I see it. This kid can play and play here.

Being a local kid it would be, I don't want to say a travesty if we don't offer him and he lights it up elsewhere, at the very least though it'd be unfortunate.

His grades were that bad in high school that he had to do prep AND juco? Wow. How was he allowed to graduate?

Hmm, interesting. Wondering if this could be the kid a poster meant when they said we would be adding a guard out of “high school.” No clue, but he would certainly be welcomed depth for next season, and could backup JG. Allowing Kadary to backup Buddy, but also get minutes at the 3, if we don’t grab another forward, and need him there. Especially if Woody, and Bras aren’t ready. QG, and Marek are gonna need someone to step up at forward, even if it’s just 10 minutes a game, and 5 a piece.

Pretty solid stat line in 2018-2019. 8.5 PPG/3.9 RPG/5.8 APG on 45.8 FG%, 32.1% from three, and 74.5% at the line, in just 22 MPG. Solid offers, and has some experience under his belt. Not ideal size for the zone, but oh well, fits the offense first model. And if he’s actually 6’2 now, then that’s not all that terrible. Would give us a true PG on the team, while still being enough of a threat from deep to force teams to guard him, unlike how defenses could play against HW. Gotta believe this would be about as good as we could get late in the game, without having to promise the big minutes that any grad transfer is gonna want. Hope we offer him, and with the virus, we would have the edge since he can’t visit other schools. Even though he’s got three years, we shouldn’t have to worry about burning a scholarship on him. Basically takes BG’s, and the staff expected him back, so low risk, high reward, adding this kid.

Hmm, interesting. Wondering if this could be the kid a poster meant when they said we would be adding a guard out of “high school.”
Sign me up if it is

How tall is he? I don't see ACC player in those clips

Hmm, interesting. Wondering if this could be the kid a poster meant when they said we would be adding a guard out of “high school.” No clue, but he would certainly be welcomed depth for next season, and could backup JG. Allowing Kadary to backup Buddy, but also get minutes at the 3, if we don’t grab another forward, and need him there. Especially if Woody, and Bras aren’t ready. QG, and Marek are gonna need someone to step up at forward, even if it’s just 10 minutes a game, and 5 a piece.
Not him

His grades were that bad in high school that he had to do prep AND juco? Wow. How was he allowed to graduate?
I think he did prep to get more offers but juco for grades

Not him

That’s disappointing, but thanks for sharing. Much appreciated. I feel that whoever it is will put many of us at ease, since we won’t be going into the year with only 3 guards, and an injury away from chaos. Of course, some won’t be happy no matter what. In the staff I trust. Sometimes plan B ends up working out better. See Hakim Warrick.

Barring his life being in danger at the time, I hope that he loses any and all opportunity to receive a free education.