Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

Just realized he's playing at Oak Hill too. I would imagine we still have a good relationship with them based on a few past recruits that went to Oak and came to SU. I really, really like this kids game. This is highlights from sophomore year - impressive.

Yes. Gotta get him on campus first to become legit contenders. Red was on him real early a few years back, then Duval and Green happened. Now back to square uno.

I wonder how a kid like this will perceive his recruitment. We were all over Green and now the waters there got a little rough, so we go back to Coleman. He obviously knows he's not our first choice, so how much does that reality hurt?

About the 2:06 mark, he uses a hesitation move, splits 2 defenders and gets to the rim. Right before that, he faces down his man and, realizing he had about 2 feet of fresh air, drills a 3 in his face. His jump shot is silvery smooth. The only thing to pick on - per Jordoo - is that he needs a R hand finish. Regardless, this kid shows the kind of damage that a really good PG can do ... you can't face guard him b/c he'll go by you. And you can't let him shoot b/c he'll drill you. A lot to like here.

Last edited:
I wonder how a kid like this will perceive his recruitment. We were all over Green and now the waters there got a little rough, so we go back to Coleman. He obviously knows he's not our first choice, so how much does that reality hurt?
That's why I think it's silly to stop recruiting multiple players at a position, unless the staff knows for sure that they're getting a commitment from the #1 target. The staff was almost burned by the doing the same thing last year with Tyus Battle. If it wasn't for Gary Battle, then we would've really been screwed.

Lot of PT to be had - Coleman will be a smart man if he takes it.

Kenny Anderson is a good one. My intial thought was Nick Van Exel.

I wonder why those two comps stick out...

Yes and also bought by Crooked Bobby Cremins and Ga Tech goons.
I have to say though, as much as I hate it, and how that killed what would have been SU's most talented team, I can't blame a kid for taking it.

I have to say though, as much as I hate it, and how that killed what would have been SU's most talented team, I can't blame a kid for taking it.
Agreed but it's sad when the NCAA puts the blinders on in these situations just like PayPalCal had done for years and good ole Dook.

Agreed but it's sad when the NCAA puts the blinders on in these situations just like PayPalCal had done for years and good ole Dook.
That is the part that is frustrating. Everybody knows it is going on, but the NCAA chooses to worry about things in their "wheelhouse".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom