Pics of Syracuse Athletics Past | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pics of Syracuse Athletics Past

image-3097518960.jpg

Syracuse-university_1910_archibald-stadium_oval.jpg

Archbold Stadium circa 1910

Looks like attendance was quite the issue in 1910. Wonder why they put all the people in 20 % of the stadium? Must have had the cameras on the opposite side and thats where they would be focused for most of the game. Kinda like Home Depot started, gotta fake til you make it.

I have a signed version of this somewhere. That was a great game for the record. IIRC correctly that game was played like 12/21/94 and the Dome was still pretty full. Arizona came in as a top 5 team (maybe #2?) and we beat them pretty good. That was the same year we lost to GWU in the preseason NIT in Manley for the first time since the Dome opened. Lots of fans left early but we pushed it to OT and Dick Vitale gave the fanbase a real hard time on the air. After that Arizona game I met with him in the tunnel and asked him if he had any second thoughts on the Syracuse fans. he responded with "A+" and proceeded to sign everything I put in front of him. I don't like the guy because of his biases, but he was a nice guy in person.

The 87 Sugar Bowl brings back memories, there were a bunch of folks outside the Superdome fist fighting at the end of the game. Thanks Coach Tie Dye.

And the pictures from way back in the day remind me of the scene from Dead Poets Society, carpe diem folks. Carpe diem

When I lived in LA back in '90-91, Sports Illustrated did an article on Qadry and his family. I had a sports collage on my wall and had pictures from that article up. Their younger brother "The Bomb" didn't play D1 football to my recollection. Calling their mother "The Launching Pad" was a somewhat odd, if not appropriate nickname!

When I lived in LA back in '90-91, Sports Illustrated did an article on Qadry and his family. I had a sports collage on my wall and had pictures from that article up. Their younger brother "The Bomb" didn't play D1 football to my recollection. Calling their mother "The Launching Pad" was a somewhat odd, if not appropriate nickname!

I remember that as well. Qadry said his younger brother was the fastest of the three.