Pitt @ Louisville tonite | Syracusefan.com

Pitt @ Louisville tonite

Iowas beat MSU by 17 at MSU. College basketball is crazy.

Teams that play fast, and can shoot always have a fun game like that once a year.

Notre Dame usually has one weird game per year where they beat a great team by like 50 because they hit their first 20 threes.

Teams that play fast, and can shoot always have a fun game like that once a year.

Notre Dame usually has one weird game per year where they beat a great team by like 50 because they hit their first 20 threes.

They do remind me of last years Notre Dame team.

They do remind me of last years Notre Dame team.

They are a decent team - still can't believe they blew that Iowa State game earlier this year. They might be ranked right there with Michigan State if they had pulled that one out.

This Louisville/Pitt game is setting offense back to 1940.

Thankfully there has been much less of these games this year.

They are a decent team - still can't believe they blew that Iowa State game earlier this year. They might be ranked right there with Michigan State if they had pulled that one out.
dunno man, they're more than a decent team - they've swept MSU now and also won at Purdue and routed @ Marquette. they have as impressive a resume as anyone

Arinze's brother looks very good for the Cards. He's only 19 years old, just a sophomore - wonder if he'll stay? He wouldn't have gotten much time last year behind Rak but would have helped us this year. Well we will have sophomore Chukwu next year to help us inside.

dunno man, they're more than a decent team - they've swept MSU now and also won at Purdue and routed @ Marquette. they have as impressive a resume as anyone

While a loss never helps a resume or ranking, in reality that loss at Iowa St was quality. Iowa St is very tough at home.

It's open -- as long as the same thing doesn't happen as the last time the tourney was open (2 years ago). There could not have been 2 worse teams as an SU fan to step through the parity.

Totally agree. I'll preface by saying as I've mentioned before that Iowa is my secondary team because my dad went there, but they've been very impressive lately. They beat Michigan State twice and Purdue on the road. I wasn't sure what the first MSU victory really meant since Valentine was out but they really took it to them last night, which doesn't happen often in the Breslin Center. In some ways, their season has been the opposite of ours, they lost two games in their Thanksgiving tournament and then have been on a tear since where of course, we won in the Bahamas and have struggled since.

Totally agree. I'll preface by saying as I've mentioned before that Iowa is my secondary team because my dad went there, but they've been very impressive lately. They beat Michigan State twice and Purdue on the road. I wasn't sure what the first MSU victory really meant since Valentine was out but they really took it to them last night, which doesn't happen often in the Breslin Center. In some ways, their season has been the opposite of ours, they lost two games in their Thanksgiving tournament and then have been on a tear since where of course, we won in the Bahamas and have struggled since.
It's really something, too, because it's essentially the same team they had last year minus their top scorer White - they were pretty mediocre, or at least inconsistent, last year

It's really something, too, because it's essentially the same team they had last year minus their top scorer White - they were pretty mediocre, or at least inconsistent, last year

Exactly. Most predictions had them right around the same range this year after losing White - probably making the tournament but not quite a lock. They start 4 seniors and a junior so it looks like experience is paying off. It's still early but a really good start. Get this, one of their best bench players is Nicholas Baer, a preferred walk on! He's averaging almost 6 points a game and hit double figures in four games so far. McCaffrey will need to find a scholarship for him next year. But JB could sure use a guy like that until our scholarship situation is back to normal :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom