Pittsburgh Prediction Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Pittsburgh Prediction Thread...

My only prediction is that I will be pissed off, miserable, frustrated, annoyed, yelling at the refs, yelling at Dixon for being a dork and coming out on the court while play is going on, and generally despairing over the downfall of college basketball throughout the game.

And that will all happen, win or lose. Every game that involves Pitt sucks. Them coming to the ACC was the WORST. I really wish UConn came instead, I usually enjoy the game when we play, them win or lose.

Blow by artist - 59
Needs to block the blow by by grabbing his arm and chatting him up until the veins in his head explode - 63

My only prediction is that I will be pissed off, miserable, frustrated, annoyed, yelling at the refs, yelling at Dixon for being a dork and coming out on the court while play is going on, and generally despairing over the downfall of college basketball throughout the game.

And that will all happen, win or lose. Every game that involves Pitt sucks. Them coming to the ACC was the WORST. I really wish UConn came instead, I usually enjoy the game when we play, them win or lose.

This is all correct.

Dixon will pretend he has beaten us every time we've played. And he will step out on the court in some stupid pretend dramatic fashion when it completely doesn't matter just so he can be on TV. What a douche.

JB coaching: pitt 66 Cuse 60
Hop coaching: pitt 80 Cuse 54

I'm a little surprised by the lack of confidence in the squad. I can see us losing but not sure it will be by 10+. I think we see the team that went to Atlantis tomorrow night, we are due for a good shooting game. As long as we aren't completely demolished on the boards I like us in a close game.

Cuse 70
Pitt 65

The zone defense will be horrible and we will continue to stick with it. NO PLAN B, I DON'T GET IT!!!

Almost every game we have played at Pitt over the past decade (with the exception of the Ennis shot) has followed more or less the same script: a gut wrenching back-and-forth with many lead changes for about 35 minutes, and then late down the stretch Pitt opens the game up and ends up winning by like 8-10 points. And if CJ doesn't make a critical three when we were down 6 points with 2 minutes left, our game two years ago would have followed the script also.

I just don't think we have the toughness to win this game, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

Carl Krauser 68
Carl Eilenberg 56

For the love of God, we have two massive bodies on our roster in Dajuan and Chino -- there is no reason we should be pushed around.

I currently go to Pitt, but I grew up a Syracuse basketball fan... yes I already know. I've been disowned by both fan bases haha. Who knows where I would have ended up had my acceptance to Syracuse not gone to my spam folder?

Anyway, one thing to consider is last years match ups. Pitt won both games though they were both fairly close. Who is gone from last year? Rakeem Christmas for Syracuse and mainly just Cam Wright for Pitt. Who has replaced Rakeem in Syracuse? Tyler Lydon to some extent but he hasn't completely filled the void, nor should he have been expected to as a freshman combo forward. Pitt wasn't super physical inside last year or this season, and yet they beat us twice with Rakeem Christmas. What's going to happen this year without him? My guess is Michael Young is going to have himself a day and it will be a big wake up call to the Orange heading into the rest of ACC play. Michael Young plays some center, but is really a PF. If we can't contain him, we are going to struggle against teams with true centers and similar caliber PFs (though he is one of the best PFs in the conference in my opinion).

I'm a sophomore now and the most electric game last year was the Syracuse game. The atmosphere at the Pete was incredible. Unfortunately they scheduled the most exciting home game of the year over break and I won't be able to go. But assuming they play in 2017 and 2018 in Pittsburgh, you'll have to keep an eye out for me in my Syracuse Tyler Ennis jersey. I'm sure the Pitt fans will love me wearing that in the student section only a few seasons removed from his epic half court buzzer beater to keep the Orange undefeated at either 24-0 or 25-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom