Play Syracuse basketball G.M. Would you rather have | Syracusefan.com

Play Syracuse basketball G.M. Would you rather have

dasher

Living Legend
Mali back next year or the combo of Gillon and White. If you keep Mali, you don't get Gillon or White. A or B?

Mali back next year or the combo of Gillon and White. If you keep Mali, you don't get Gillon or White. A or B?
Ever the contrarian, I'll take Mali.

It's possible he could have really taken off in 16-17 and become a truly dominating player on the court unstoppable inside and outside. I'm searching around for a comparison and guys like WSU's Ron Baker come to mind or Buddy Heild.

Tough call, I would say Mali, since I really don't know much about Gillon or White, and I know Mali's game.

Mali. Gillon's height worries me a bit and I'm hearing from the national board I visit that White's biggest flaw is atrocious defense. Give me a returning player projected to go in the 1st round over two new transfers.

With the other players, in not particularly worried about D, especially with having a legit run protector.

I love hypotheticals but this one I have no opinion one way or the other.

I love hypotheticals but this one I have no opinion one way or the other.

Well, thx for sharing that with us. :p

Mali.
We don't know if we'll even get White, nor how good either of them will be in our system.
I'd rather take the 1st rd draft pick guy over 2 "just a guy" players.

Oh, really?
Show your proof.

C'mon. One of them averaged nearly 17 points per game in the b1g, and shot 41% from three point range.

The other...

I honestly think some people are going to be amazed when they see Gillon play, based upon how low expectations seem to be for some. Kid is beyond legit--he's a difference maker.

B, if only because it will require a muppet officiating crew to work twice as hard to leave us short at a position.

Option B.

Mali was a great freshman talent and will go down as one of Cuse's all time greatest March competitors. He built his brand, made great moves regarding his draft stock and is now on to make millions.

However,

Lydon and White dominating the court while Roberson grabs 8+ a game. Oh shi-. Whats that? Cuse has Battle and Gillon as quick dynamic guards too? And a sophomore guard in Howard that'd start on 95% of other teams in the country?

What next? A 7'0 center?

Mal, because he's a complete player, whereas the others aren't. Specifically, on defense, Mal would have allowed us to roll out a super-tall lineup with competitors at every position.. Everything I hear about White is that his quickness is really poor and his defense is worse.

Option B.

Mali was a great freshman talent and will go down as one of Cuse's all time greatest March competitors. He built his brand, made great moves regarding his draft stock and is now on to make millions.

However,

Lydon and White dominating the court while Roberson grabs 8+ a game. Oh shi-. Whats that? Cuse has Battle and Gillon as quick dynamic guards too? And a sophomore guard in Howard that'd start on 95% of other teams in the country?

What next? A 7'0 center?
Well, we got one of those as well. Only he is 7-2

I prefer option C where I as diabolical GM find a way to have both Mali back and get one or both of White and Gillon as well. In my scenario, I will have found a way to reload and advance the talent on the team so that JB can make another run or two before he hands the team off to Hopkins. Do you really want a GM that follows the rules?

I prefer option C where I as diabolical GM find a way to have both Mali back and get one or both of White and Gillon as well. In my scenario, I will have found a way to reload and advance the talent on the team so that JB can make another run or two before he hands the team off to Hopkins. Do you really want a GM that follows the rules?
you are in violation of the cap. I, on the other hand, would also land the mystery recruit.

This is just speculation, but I don't think either would have come here if Mali came back.

This is just speculation, but I don't think either would have come here if Mali came back.
That is why I asked the question. No way either one would come here if Mali was coming back.

I thought MR was an average player at best, nba thinks otherwise, all you forum gurus won't tell it like it is. SU will not miss MR and will carry on, hopefully better than ever. Young men, the team is the thing

I would never push a kid like Mali out the door, but if we replace him with option B I won't be lamenting his leaving any more.

I am really really looking forward to Gillon and the pace at which I think he is going to have us playing and his ability to finish. Mali couldn't do that for us. Add to that another outside shooter and scorer and I am really beginning to get excited.

Malachi and it's not close. Don't get me wrong, I like Gillon and White, but, if you have the ability to have NBA talent on your team you take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom