Players decide the game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Players decide the game

Messing with the Hulkster right now is out of line. The guy must have a reason for his... uh... well... whatever it is.

luggage.jpg

Meh defense wasn't the problem yesterday. Rebounding was, but Pitt would still kills us on the glass m2m. They are the second best rebounding team in the country.

I love Gbinije and he's really become a great player, but yesterday was not his best day. We needed more out of our best player to win a big game on the road.

Give me a break with the Hop lost us the game talk. Let me remind you that a timeout does not guarantee anything! Coleman was still fouled out and Lydon was still at the 5 where he was getting torched down the stretch. We have two fifth year senior guards who did nothing the final five minutes. I understand people are upset, but blaming a coach for not calling a timeout as the reason for the loss is absurd. We were demolished on the glass and missed too many free throws. If anything, blame our recruiting for a lack of depth in the front court.

I agree about the guard play in the final 4 minutes. Hop maybe should have used a TO, but our 5th year seniors need to get the ball in places where we can score. Similar to what PITTS senior point guard did for them in the last 4 minutes.

My main Hop gripe is the first half choice to play any minutes with Malachi and Mike with Lydon as the back line. I think that was a 6-0 run that anyone could see coming. Chino - good, bad, raw, whatever needs minutes. Playing the 5 drags Lydon's game down.

Hop should have called a timeout, yes but aside from that, I thought his rotations were good. The first half was great. The second half devolved into a foul fest in which the refs determined our rotations, not Hop.

Cooney played well but got tired. (Shocking, I know)

G struggled.

Lydon played scared.

Given awful rebounding is a norm this year, those are the reasons we lost.

Rebounding lost us the game, so in that case it wasn't effective. Much easier to rebound in man to man
people keep saying that but the zone is not the cause of our rebounding issues.. we have bad rebounders period. we have 1 who knows how to go get the ball. its not like we pound the board on offense and the zone lets us down at the other end.. you still need to box out and get in position and hold on to the ball, m2m is not fixing all those issues.

Every guy you mentioned sucks in the zone. I'm not seeing how that proves your point. DC is the worst center to play in our zone since we started playing it. Chino, I'm just going to leave that alone. And Roberson was some how able to take down the #1 pick in the draft a few years ago playing man to man.

You're all about hyperbole today, aren't you...Come on now!!!! DC actually played well last night. And he'll get better as the year goes on too. I'm frustrated with the loss too. But the answer is not to throw the baby out with the bathwater...We need to get better on the boards and also on the offensive end. There is a lot of basketball left to be played.

You're all about hyperbole today, aren't you...Come on now!!!! DC actually played well last night. And he'll get better as the year goes on too. I'm frustrated with the loss too. But the answer is not to throw the baby out with the bathwater...We need to get better on the boards and also on the offensive end. There is a lot of basketball left to be played.

I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about in general. Look back at our starting centers since we started playing zone and tell me who was worse defending the 5 than him.

I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about in general. Look back at our starting centers since we started playing zone and tell me who was worse defending the 5 than him.

Keep in mind that, for all intents and purposes, he's a sophomore at best. Eton as a sophomore struggled too if I recall :) And he's starting because we have no other option. That's not an excuse, but it is true. And, I think he'd be struggling more in a m2m...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom