Playing football in the Snow.. | Syracusefan.com

Playing football in the Snow..

cto

Administrator
Is anyone watching K-State and Iowa State playing in a driving snowstorm tonight? That's what it was like in Archbold Stadium when I became an SU fan in 1959 (memory prompted by the thread started by SWC earlier today).

This game tonight is actually a fun game to watch (but probably not to play). Lots of slipping and sliding and even an occasional belly flop as the players try to run through all the snow on the field.

Last edited:
Is anyone watching K-State and Iowa State playing in a driving snowstorm tonight? That's what it was like in Archbold Stadium when I became an SU fan in 1959 (memory prompted by the thread started by SWC earlier today).
Yes, and I'll watch this over any other game. I love it.

We were watching it too - thankful thinking of the dome. Fun to watch on tv, not in person.

Don’t ever hear broadcasters during Kansas or Kansas St games mocking their weather. Hmm

In 68 I was a frosh at LeMoyne . The night before game SU sent a couple of buses .. we got 15$ to shovel out Archie after a snow storm. I brought a small bottle of blackberry brandy to keep warm .

If you’re a spread offense, it sucks harder than a Kirby. If you’re an offense that can run the ball, it’s fun as hell!

Just turned it on... makes me think of our games vs K-State in the 90s, though they did not treat us well! Michael Bishop... ugh!

Just turned it on... make me think of our games vs K-State in the 90s, though they did not treat us well! Michael Bishop... ugh!
I was thinking of "Super Purple Cat"(or was it "Purple Super Cat'?) who posted here in 2001 when we played them in some bowl. He was one of my favorite visiting posters of all time.

It’s a shootout.

Meanwhile, 1 offensive TD in Clemson - South Carolina.

I was about to post about this and yes…watching.

The next coach will bring pride to where we play, be it the Doem or the region we play in (northeast.)

6-5 Iowa St is playing 8-3 Kansas St in front of no one.

We can win at Syracuse.

I was thinking of "Super Purple Cat"(or was it "Purple Super Cat'?) who posted here in 2001 when we played them in some bowl. He was one of my favorite visiting posters of all time.
1997. We were at a neighborhood New Year’s party watching the game - we lost by a good margin unfortunately. I remember that fun Kansas St fan - too bad it was probably 3 message boards or so ago.

1997. We were at a neighborhood New Year’s party watching the game - we lost by a good margin unfortunately. I remember that fun Kansas St fan - too bad it was probably 3 message boards or so ago.
I was thinking of the 2001 Insight.com Bowl (whatever that was). I was not on a Syracuse sports forum until we founded syracusfan.com in 2000 so I could not have remembered him before then.
2001 Insight.com Bowl - Wikipedia

This game tonight is actually a fun game to watch (but probably not to play). Lots of slipping and sliding and even an occasional belly flop as the players try to run through all the snow on the field.
My daughter, her husband and my granddaughter were driving back home from my place when the storm made it here to Iowa. Thankfully they made it back safe but they said it got slick quick.

Reactions: cto
I was thinking of the 2001 Insight.com Bowl (whatever that was). I was not on a Syracuse sports forum until we founded syracusfan.com in 2000 so I could not have remembered him before then.
2001 Insight.com Bowl - Wikipedia
Probably the SU prodigy board. Ironically Prodigy went defunct in 2001. I was wrong though can’t recall if their superfan was posting in 1997 though.