Please Pray | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Please Pray

View attachment 8721
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Life challenges us with many journeys...as your daughter approaches yet another...godspeed to her and your beloved, JHJ.

You guys sure have been through a lot.

We will be praying for Brooke starting immediately.

We will also be praying for you and your family to stay strong throughout.

Where will this operation take place?

Good luck my friend.
The Operation will be takeing place at the UAB Childrens Hospital in Birmingham Al.

The surgery isn't untill Monday the 10th.
We lift Brooke up to you in prayer, Father, that you would be with her and her family during this time. Calm their fears and give them peace. Be with the doctors, the techs, and the staff at the hospital as they prepare for and conduct this surgery. Be with them all during the recovery and follow-up therapy as well, from start to finish. You are the Great Physician, Dear Lord, and we pray that You would be glorified through this, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Last edited:
Where have you been Hideing Shipmate?

I'm always here, just don't post as much...
I too remember Brooke from '03 & from the various wonderful pix you've posted over the years. Best of luck - we know she'll come through this strong like Dad!
I too remember Brooke from '03 & from the various wonderful pix you've posted over the years. Best of luck - we know she'll come through this strong like Dad!

First thing I thought of... The pix in 03.

View attachment 8721
For my Daughter Brooke. On Monday she is haveing Spinal Fussion surgery to correct her scoliosis( see XRay above). It is an intense surgery that will last between 8-11 hours. They first have to break her back by seperating all her vertabray. They then will place a metal rod thrue her affected vertabray. Then they will do a bone graf off of her hips. Then they will fuse all of her vertabray together makeing one solid back bone.

Complacating this surgery is her type one Diabeaties. When she first came down with her Diabeates in 2003. I posted a smilar message on the board and after several days in the ICU she pulled thru. The power of the board and prayer is awesome!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll be thinking of you and your daughter. Brooke sounds like a fighter.

The kids getting older, coaching and being dad... But I always keep an eye on you guys ; ) Especially the folks from the early boards.

Also, embarrassing being a "walk on" after 15 plus years ... and knowing I'll never catch Bayside with posts! Look forward to seeing you and the Family Shipmate... Make sure you tell her Navy's got her back too my brother...

The kids getting older, coaching and being dad... But I always keep an eye on you guys ; ) Especially the folks from the early boards.

Also, embarrassing being a "walk on" after 15 plus years ... and knowing I'll never catch Bayside with posts! Look forward to seeing you and the Family Shipmate... Make sure you tell her Navy's got her back too my brother...
Good stuff, Miss you Brother! You freaking walk on...LOL. Tell the Mrs. Hello from me!!

Thank you all so much for the support. Harrisonjbounel I sent that prayed to Brooke and she is so thankful for it. So glad to see my Buddy Orangeindc chime in. Thank you all so much. Monday is going to be a rough day for me. But all your support is amazing. Tee and Dan (Orangeyes) you two are The best!!

Last edited:
Off to the Hospital. Going to be along and stressful day. Thank you everyone for the prayers and kind words.
You've got hundreds of syracusefan brothers and sisters there with you in both spirit and prayer.

Good luck my friend and good luck to your darling Brooke as she begins a journey to better health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom