PLEASE READ: SyraCRUZ Tailgate Next Steps | Syracusefan.com

PLEASE READ: SyraCRUZ Tailgate Next Steps

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
When we launched the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Initiative as a bit of a lark 18 months ago, we had dreams of raising a few hundred dollars to rebrand our weekly Fine Mess Tailgate with the name of a single under-the-radar player and play our part in the NIL game in the way we felt it was intended. Fast forward a year and a half and your generosity has pushed things beyond our wildest dreams. Since its inception we have raised nearly $40,000, completed transactions with 28 different Syracuse student athletes across six sports and have become the focus of media outlets across Central New York for our revolutionary approach in supporting Syracuse Athletics.

Such phenomenal growth has presented some logistical and operational challenges that border on unmanageable for a small team and I have been exploring opportunities to add efficiency to our processes while continuing to enhance our impact. It was important to us to abide by our guiding principles and retain a level of autonomy through this next phase and I am pleased to announce the next step in our journey.

We are in final discussions to establish a partnership with OrangeUnited, the preferred NIL collective for Syracuse Athletics. I have been working with Mark Hayes, the general manager of OrangeUnited to explore synergies between our groups and craft a solution that will benefit the SyraCRUZ donor community, OrangeUnited’s impact, and the student athletes we support. This partnership will:

· Provide additional benefits to SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL donors including the opportunity to participate in a monthly subscription plan and, depending on level of support, invitations to meet the team events, access to an athlete portal where you can connect individually with Syracuse players and propose transactions for personalized interaction (social media posts, shout outs, personal appearances or one-on-one conversations), newsletter subscriptions, autographed memorabilia, VIP receptions and more.

· Integrate fundraising efforts giving OrangeUnited access to the over 125 unique individuals who have made our SyraCRUZ initiative such a success.

· At a minimum, maintain the level of support that we have provided to our partner student athletes with a naming deal with our title player, a secondary deal with another football player and guest appearances at every home tailgate with players from other sports. Our intention is to expand on this activity and offer even more opportunities to engage with Orange athletes.

· Help to streamline the NIL collective landscape for Syracuse Athletics by consolidating two major channels into a single point of entry.

· Ease the administrative burden by transitioning financial reporting, record keeping and transaction processing from a single individual using home-grown spreadsheets to a professional organization with the expertise, tools and ability to efficiently handle an enterprise of this magnitude.

Our next steps will include drafting and agreeing to a Document of Understanding detailing roles and responsibilities for the transition phase and ongoing execution of the partnership. Mark Hayes and I will be working on this over the next few weeks and see it through to adoption. At that point I will turn over all carryover treasury to Orange United as well as our full set of donor records. The donor records include names, email addresses, syracusefan.com user names and dollar amount pledged and donated since we launched our project. Register includes only the data elements that you provided to me, but if you would like any information redacted, please email me at dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com no later than February 1, 2024 and I will honor your request. I will remain active as an advisor and will solicit input from the rest of the Executive Committee to ensure our expectations are met including selection of the student athletes we work with. Feel free to reach out with any questions either via email listed above or on syracusefan.com where this communique will be posted in a new thread.

In the meantime, please hold off on any further donations that you send to me. If you have already registered on Orange United, please post a note in the Community forum identifying yourself as a SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL donor.

Thank you all for your support and Go Orange!

When we launched the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Initiative as a bit of a lark 18 months ago, we had dreams of raising a few hundred dollars to rebrand our weekly Fine Mess Tailgate with the name of a single under-the-radar player and play our part in the NIL game in the way we felt it was intended. Fast forward a year and a half and your generosity has pushed things beyond our wildest dreams. Since its inception we have raised nearly $40,000, completed transactions with 28 different Syracuse student athletes across six sports and have become the focus of media outlets across Central New York for our revolutionary approach in supporting Syracuse Athletics.

Such phenomenal growth has presented some logistical and operational challenges that border on unmanageable for a small team and I have been exploring opportunities to add efficiency to our processes while continuing to enhance our impact. It was important to us to abide by our guiding principles and retain a level of autonomy through this next phase and I am pleased to announce the next step in our journey.

We are in final discussions to establish a partnership with OrangeUnited, the preferred NIL collective for Syracuse Athletics. I have been working with Mark Hayes, the general manager of OrangeUnited to explore synergies between our groups and craft a solution that will benefit the SyraCRUZ donor community, OrangeUnited’s impact, and the student athletes we support. This partnership will:

· Provide additional benefits to SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL donors including the opportunity to participate in a monthly subscription plan and, depending on level of support, invitations to meet the team events, access to an athlete portal where you can connect individually with Syracuse players and propose transactions for personalized interaction (social media posts, shout outs, personal appearances or one-on-one conversations), newsletter subscriptions, autographed memorabilia, VIP receptions and more.

· Integrate fundraising efforts giving OrangeUnited access to the over 125 unique individuals who have made our SyraCRUZ initiative such a success.

· At a minimum, maintain the level of support that we have provided to our partner student athletes with a naming deal with our title player, a secondary deal with another football player and guest appearances at every home tailgate with players from other sports. Our intention is to expand on this activity and offer even more opportunities to engage with Orange athletes.

· Help to streamline the NIL collective landscape for Syracuse Athletics by consolidating two major channels into a single point of entry.

· Ease the administrative burden by transitioning financial reporting, record keeping and transaction processing from a single individual using home-grown spreadsheets to a professional organization with the expertise, tools and ability to efficiently handle an enterprise of this magnitude.

Our next steps will include drafting and agreeing to a Document of Understanding detailing roles and responsibilities for the transition phase and ongoing execution of the partnership. Mark Hayes and I will be working on this over the next few weeks and see it through to adoption. At that point I will turn over all carryover treasury to Orange United as well as our full set of donor records. The donor records include names, email addresses, syracusefan.com user names and dollar amount pledged and donated since we launched our project. Register includes only the data elements that you provided to me, but if you would like any information redacted, please email me at dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com no later than February 1, 2024 and I will honor your request. I will remain active as an advisor and will solicit input from the rest of the Executive Committee to ensure our expectations are met including selection of the student athletes we work with. Feel free to reach out with any questions either via email listed above or on syracusefan.com where this communique will be posted in a new thread.

In the meantime, please hold off on any further donations that you send to me. If you have already registered on Orange United, please post a note in the Community forum identifying yourself as a SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL donor.

Thank you all for your support and Go Orange!

And who would have thunk that when we jokingly said it in a text that it would have turned into this?????

Absolutely, simply, amazing!!!

Thank you for all your hard work you have put into this over the time and I look forward to seeing where this goes next!!

Also huge props to the syracusefan community, you guys showed up and supported in a way that we would have NEVER even imagined!

Can you provide more details concerning a subscription?

Thank you Mark. You and the team here have made something super inspiring for SU. I hope it continues to grow and assist many future student athletes for years to come!
Well said JR

We met with Mark Hayes of Orange United yesterday and exchanged a Document of Understanding outlining roles and responsibilities once we establish our partnership. Essentially the document lists the tasks and subtasks I have been performing over the last two years and identifies each as retained by us or transitioned to Orange United. I then layered in additional activities to construct our working model detailing how we will interact going forward. One of the components of that model is to implement functionality on the collective’s platform that will identify each of you as a syracusefan.com / Fine Mess tailgate donor. This will ensure that Hayes can properly quantify the cumulative value we bring and can rationalize additional initiatives that we can launch together. I will let you know when this is available, but until then, if you have contributed anything to Orange United, log on to their platform and post in the Community section identifying yourself as a syracusefan / SyraCRUZ donor.

Next steps are;
- Introductory meeting with Enrique to align him with OU.
- Preliminary review of the DoU by SANIL legal. Once they confirm no showstopper issues I will turn over our full donor list with redactions that have been requested. If you have not donated to SyraCRUZ but want to be included on this list, just send me a private message with your name and email. If you have donated but did not provide an email address, please do the same.
- Final edits and two way sign off on DoU. Only after this is complete will I turn over our carryover treasury.
- Preseason planning session to set strategy for 2024 season.

As a side note, Mark asked what we would like from them for the tailgate itself. I too quickly answered that the tailgate events are separate from this agreement and will continue as is, but we may explore some support or integration options possibly including sponsorships that would enhance our gameday experience. If we go down that road I will certainly pull in the full Fine Mess Crew for involvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom