Point guard | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Point guard

Well, Jason was 1st team All Conference as a senior, a 2nd round pick, and a ten year NBA guy. He also led the big east in minutes as a freshman.
I just didn't see that in Carey last year, but I hope his positivity and maturity allow him to improve to at least be servicable this year.
The obvious rebuttal to that is, Hart wasn't benched for his mistakes in his first year.

how do you know? You are comparing what Cooney and Andy were able to do in major division 1 vs what Girard was able to do in high school. I bet if you could go back and watch Cooney and Andy in highschool during their senior years, they'd looked like Michael Jordan
Nope

The obvious rebuttal to that is, Hart wasn't benched for his mistakes in his first year.

We had nobody to bench him for, unfortunately...because we went to the NIT in one of the crappiest seasons of Big East play ever.

And the reason for that was that we literally did not have another PG on the roster that year.

Missing out on Marbury and ending up with David Patrick - a guy not good enough to play here- was a killer.

Even a guy like Terrell Stokes (who it seemed like we had a good shot at) would’ve been a good get as he would’ve at least contributed as a backup in 96, and would’ve helped a lot in 97.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom