POLL - 2017 Season... WAY way early win predictions | Syracusefan.com

POLL - 2017 Season... WAY way early win predictions

How many wins this year?

• 0-3

• 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would feel more comfortable with a 6-8 prediction, but in lieu of that, I have to bias to the upside given year two, a healthy Dungey, and a reinforced DL.

3 - 1 Non conference
3 - 1 Home conference
2 - 2 Road conference (N.C. State and the surprise upset)

4-6 for me, schedule is brutal. Lot's of unknown's coming into this year. Might feel better after spring ball.
I went with 7-9 which would include a bowl victory.

5-7 or 6-6 for me...LSU and Miami games are a killer for upward momentum. The team should be better but still could be short of a bowl.

5-7 or 6-6 for me...LSU and Miami games are a killer for upward momentum. The team should be better but still could be short of a bowl.

id give you lsu but miami is going to be breaking in a new qb

I went with 6-6 prior to last season, thinking that Shafer should have won at least 5 with what he had, and Babers, the new coach was supposed to be smarter, better, and he had the same players with a year more in the weight room, and another spring of practice, etc.
Now I really question the D. Also question how / who replaces E.T.'s production. He had over 25% of the teams TDs.
I am thinking 3 to 4, but voted 3. BC, Wake, Middle TN, won't be easy, plus the rest of the schedule. I think it is a tough sled.

if we only win 3 games we must of lost a ton of players to injury. we should win 1 more minimum this year

4-6 for me, schedule is brutal. Lot's of unknown's coming into this year. Might feel better after spring ball.
In another case of bad timing, our cross-over game with the Coastal is the team that many pick to win that division.

The rebuilding process is going to take longer than I figured.

I see 4-6 wins next year - leaning more toward 4 than 6.

Hopefully the running game and our overall defensive performance will improve a lot.

I'm going 7 - 6 with bowl win. Hoping Dino is right about offense kicking in between games 4 - 6 and with a healthy defense lead by the return of Clark, Cordy, Dowells and others, the future may get brighter.

The rebuilding process is going to take longer than I figured.

I see 4-6 wins next year - leaning more toward 4 than 6.

Hopefully the running game and our overall defensive performance will improve a lot.
Well that's a surprise coming from you...4 wins? Especially considering we start off 3-0 against CCSU, MTS and CMU.

The other very winnable games are:
WF - throw out last year's game played in W-S during a hurricane...they're
still WF and we beat them going away at home.

Pitt - they lose almost every key player on offense along with their OC.
they also lose most of their key players from an already horrendous
unit. We beat them at home.

BC - their offense should be even more anemic than last year's version.
they should be solid on defense but no way will they be able to
slow us down enough to win. Plus...Addazio is still their HC.

I think we have a very good chance at NCST. It definitely would be an upset but I think it will be a very competitive game. Like BC, their HC is a dolt.

For me, the Clemson and Miami games fall in the same category for different reasons.

Clemson - loses most of the starting offensive skill players and we get them
at home. Problem is Clemson simply reloads, so I'm sure they'll
be very good. Hoping for a competitive game.

Miami - An up and coming program that loses their star QB to the NFL.
I'd like our chances more if we played them an the Dome.

Obviously, it's s very tough schedule but I think many people are forgetting that we added some JUCO's and grad transfer at KEY positions that were glaring weaknesses last year. Hopefully these players have an immediate impact and all the PT that the true frosh got last season begins to pay-off this season.

7-6 with a bowl appearance.

Last edited:
I went with 4-6. I don't see any way around that with next year's schedule.

But what's not reflected in my vote is that I think there will be a lot of progress. This thing will take off and show up in the record. Not quite yet though. Be patient.

six wins

This is where I'm at, too. The defense has to get a LOT better next year for us to win more than six.
And it would be nice to have a little luck with the injuries next season.

Sept. 2 vs. Central Connecticut State W
Sept. 9 vs. Middle Tennessee W
Sept. 16 vs. Central Michigan W
Sept. 23 at LSU L

ACC home games: Boston College W, Clemson L, Pittsburgh L, Wake Forest W
ACC away games: Florida State L, Louisville L, Miami L , NC State L

Yup 5 wins isnt unreasonable. Schedule is too darn tough

We should do a poll 2 weeks before the season where you predict the record of the orange, the results of each game, and how many points Syracuse scores in it - throw $10 bucks in for your entry - and the poster with the most accurate season outlook (without bowl play) wins the pot. Why not?

her cylon designation

yeZaY5EpLKUx.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom