Poll Question: Which would draw more people? | Syracusefan.com

Poll Question: Which would draw more people?

Who would draw more if we played @home Saturday

• WVU

• VTech

• clemson

• Typical top 10 FSU

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Wvu
VT
Clemson
Top 10 FSU

Curious to see if posters value history over buzz name top 10 team.

Obviously PSU would draw a massive crowd due to proximity.

lest we forget?
screen-shot-2014-10-18-at-11-06-04-pm.png

west-virginia-burning-couch.jpg

The meth smoking second cousin is finally gone, and y'all want to invite that "Bag o' Crazy" back? Why in gods name would anyone want to invite the couch-burners back into our lives? I'd rather have Rutgers...

I think the casual fans would be most familiar with FSU's reputation for success.

I figured WVU would draw votes.
I can't stand WVU and not in the same way I don't like Georgetown in basketball. I don't like anything about the school or state. Why? Been there.

I would not expect to see West Virginia booked to return to the Carrier Dome anytime soon.

If we play them again, barring something crazy, it will be in a bowl game.

Whatever game we would win.
Winning will get bandwagoners.
The Dome will get 40-43k with any big name team.
If we are 6-1 and Gameday is in town NC State will get 45k+.

VT isn't the same without Beamer Ball. The rivarly is dead. Clemson and FSU are interchangeable - usually a top 15 opponent but there's no history or bad blood. West Virginia has the pull of nostalgia for some of us, but without playing them every year it's irrelevant.

There should be 'none of the above' as one of the choices.

VT isn't the same without Beamer Ball. The rivarly is dead. Clemson and FSU are interchangeable - usually a top 15 opponent but there's no history or bad blood. West Virginia has the pull of nostalgia for some of us, but without playing them every year it's irrelevant.

There should be 'none of the above' as one of the choices.

It's not just Beamer Ball, it's all the time off. That rivalry died. They're still a brand name and typically ranked and will draw because of it, but it will never be what it used to be. And there's a whole subsection of SU fans who have no idea how great it was from 93 to 2001.

The ACC life boat was exactly what we needed, but when we didn't get it in 2003, too many good rivalries just died with it. Just now building them back up with a good program. Will take time. Clemson already has legs.

SU-Pitt has just almost never worked because of reasons in another thread today. Both haven't been good at the same time. And Pitt is a just boring ****ing program. Always has been.

It's not just Beamer Ball, it's all the time off. That rivalry died. They're still a brand name and typically ranked and will draw because of it, but it will never be what it used to be. And there's a whole subsection of SU fans who have no idea how great it was from 93 to 2001.

The ACC life boat was exactly what we needed, but when we didn't get it in 2003, too many good rivalries just died with it. Just now building them back up with a good program. Will take time. Clemson already has legs.

SU-Pitt has just almost never worked because of reasons in another thread today. Both haven't been good at the same time. And Pitt is a just boring ****ing program. Always has been.

VT still remains one of the most hated teams / fanbases in all college football for me, because of that era.

Can't stand them.

VT still remains one of the most hated teams / fanbases in all college football for me, because of that era.

Can't stand them.

Try living/working among them in Northern Virginia during all those years. I didn't think I could hate a team more, until the Sandusky news broke.

Whoever brings the most fans. I think a good SU team vs. a good opponent approaches 40,000 SU fans, and depending on what the opponent brings you get low 40,000’s up to 49,000+.

I misread it originally. I thought it said “typical top 10 team”. I voted for that until I realized it said FSU. I went with WVU because of the history. None of the choices move the needle for me.

Pitt is always a snooze fest.

Now that we are competitive again I would like to see more games against Florida teams. Can't hurt recruiting and I am generally disgusted by teams from that state, makes me want a win even worse.

Can't stand them.
That’s like saying you still hate Georgetown because of Patrick Ewing. I don’t get it. Nostalgia has diminishing returns.

That’s like saying you still hate Georgetown because of Patrick Ewing. I don’t get it. Nostalgia has diminishing returns.

You'd get it if you'd had interactions with their fan base for an extended period of time.

That's like saying you don't hate uconn anymore. Still waters run deep.

Believe it or not, there was a time when Pitt brought some excitement - Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Hugh Green, etc. But that was a long time ago.

Whatever game we would win.
Winning will get bandwagoners.
The Dome will get 40-43k with any big name team.
If we are 6-1 and Gameday is in town NC State will get 45k+.

even with a pretty weak schedule on 10-27, I can't see Gameday coming to SU, unless NC State is undefeated, meaning they win at Clemson. Even then, it could be Texas at Oklahoma State if both of those teams are ranked. Florida at Georgia has to be a no go since it's a CBS game.