Women's Lacrosse - Polls (2/20/23): ILWomen/IWLCA #2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Polls (2/20/23): ILWomen/IWLCA #2

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
63f36e2be15d8.jpg

No. 1 North Carolina earned 20 first-place votes in Week 2 of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I poll, while No. 2 Syracuse earned five.

Syracuse jumped two spots from Week 1 to the second spot after a convincing 20-11 victory over Maryland and Northwestern jumped into the third spot after defeating Boston College 15-14 on Sunday.

Boston College and Stony Brook round out the top five, respectively while Maryland fell to the sixth spot.

No. 25 Penn State earned its first ranking of the 2023 season, starting the season with two convincing wins over Bucknell and Drexel.

1. North Carolina
2. Syracuse
3. Northwestern
4. Boston College
5. Stony Brook

Click here for full Week 2 poll results.

2. Syracuse

I feel like the Orange have been one of the most-talked about squads in the first two weeks. Quickly jumping from their preseason ranking of five to No. 2 in both my poll and the official ILWomen/IWLCA Division I poll, Syracuse is off to a 3-0 record notching impressive wins against Northwestern and Maryland.

The Syracuse offense has been buzzing, led by Meaghan Tyrrell—who seems to be nearly impossible to stop thus far. The graduate student is averaging 8.3 points per game—and keep in mind that’s with some of the top defenders in the country marking her. But what’s been even more of the conversation for Syracuse, is their depth.

The biggest question was the uncertainty of how injured players would return, and so far it’s been clear that they all look quite strong.

Question for the board. We've played 3 matches and have looked really good. I know it's not against the top teams but dominant none the less. Do we have a shot against ND on Saturday?

Question for the board. We've played 3 matches and have looked really good. I know it's not against the top teams but dominant none the less. Do we have a shot against ND on Saturday?
I think they keep it within 3-5 goals.

Reactions: gbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom