Women's Lacrosse - Polls (5/9/16): Media #5 / Coaches #4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Polls (5/9/16): Media #5 / Coaches #4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Media Poll: No. 1 Maryland, No. 10 Cornell Enters Top Ten

Unsurprisingly, No. 1 Maryland enters postseason play as the top ranked team in the nation in this week’s Media Poll. At 19-0, Maryland is trailed by No. 2 Florida (18-1), No. 3 UNC (16-2), No. 4 USC (19-0) and No. 5 Syracuse (17-5) to round out the top five.

No. 10 Cornell enters the top ten for the first time this season after capturing the Ivy League Tournament crown.

No. 20 Loyola re-enters the Media Poll after winning their third-straight Patriot League championship over the week.

The next and final installment of the Media Poll will be release Tuesday, May 31st.

IWLCA Polls: Division I, II & III

The University of Maryland (19-0) held onto the number one spot in the IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll for the 14th week in a row after winning the Big Ten Championship and collecting all 20 first place votes. The Terrapins were rewarded with the number one seed in the NCAA tournament and will face the winner of the #15 Virginia/#20 Johns Hopkins matchup in the second round of the NCAA tournament on May 15. Northwestern (10-9) was a big mover in this week’s poll, jumping into the top ten after making a run to the Big Ten Championship game before falling to Maryland 12-9. The Wildcats will face #8 Louisville in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. The other big jump came from Cornell, who upset Princeton and Penn to claim the Ivy League Championship and the #13 ranking. The Big Red are the #8 seed in the tournament and will face MAAC Champion Canisius in the first round. The full NCAA Division I tournament bracket can be found here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom