Polls (Oct 16): AP #14 / Coaches #14 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Oct 16): AP #14 / Coaches #14

Just keep winning…
Yeah, this is the way.

This is funny though, and reinforces how much pre-season perception matters.

If the poll was based on what's been accomplished this season we're comfortably top ten.

But it isn't. Where you start still matters at this point in the season more than what you've done.

Very happy. Nice to see you at the Fine Mess. Best record in 35 years.

Tried to find a replay of the game (ACCN) on ESPN this morning - nada. I keep hearing that all ACCN games are available for streaming/on demand. So why this one - a top 20 matchup - can't be found is weird and not a little frustrating.
They're replaying it right now on SiriusXM ACC Network. Matt Park with the call.

Very happy. Nice to see you at the Fine Mess. Best record in 35 years.

Tried to find a replay of the game (ACCN) on ESPN this morning - nada. I keep hearing that all ACCN games are available for streaming/on demand. So why this one - a top 20 matchup - can't be found is weird and not a little frustrating.
Game will re-air tonight at 8 PM on ACCN. Hope this helps.

To me this was the laziest polling of the year filled with a boatload of why is this team ahead of this team type of questions. I thought we deserved 12th at the very least but whatever 14th is good to

What rank did we reach in 2018? I wanna say we were fringe top 10 before Notre Dame.

Kind of why I wish Leary played yesterday. The perception is we have been lucky and given an easy schedule. I call bs on that, most of the pundits say yea cool but they can’t keep this up, we would short circuit there brains if we beat clemson. They will fight tooth and nail to keep us out. So be it, let’s prove them wrong ! I don’t really care about the playoffs . I want that acc champ banner !

I would just like to point out that we are, in reality, maybe playing for the ACC championship this week. Clemson has a ton of talent sure but we play the games for a reason.

Seriously. If we manage to pull off a win we get playoff and title talk.

This could really screw us if we end the year on 1 loss in the playoff discussions.

We're more likely to be undefeated and out of the playoff than in the discussion with a loss. There is zero chance we're even in the conversation with a loss.

If we go undefeated we have a chance but it's far from guaranteed we get in over a one loss Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, or Ohio State assuming their one loss is within that group.

I think this is unfair and stupid and I argued with my friend about it this morning but deep down he's right.

If we beat Clemson we probably sneak into the top 10, and Clemson drops to like #15. From there moving up will have way more to do with what happens in front of us than anything we do. Winning each week would keep us from dropping, not move us up. If we lose close to Clemson, we drop down to like #18. Lose big and we drop like a rock. Also stupid, but that's reality.

The perception is that we're a fluke. It will take multiple years of playing at this level to break that perception. Accomplishing anything major within that perception requires going undefeated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom