Positve board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Positve board

I did get called out for being overly positive about our team and calling USF poop. I think the comment was labeled "classless and douchey" by a poster.

So the negativity is still here...it's just in disguise and ready to explode at a moments notice

CuseOnly said:
I did get called out for being overly positive about our team and calling USF poop. I think the comment was labeled "classless and douchey" by a poster. So the negativity is still here...it's just in disguise and ready to explode at a moments notice

The overly positive who then also whines about anything someone says that might be the slightest bit negative...are just as annoying.

Last edited:
The overly positive who then also whines about anything someone says that might be the slightest bit negative...are just as ignoring.

I am plenty negative, just not too often about the team or kids, staff or the games.

I am usually negative about the administration and support for the football team as well as funding. Haven't had to be that lately because I think they are making strides.

SWC75 said:
on Divisions: "And so far, our schools – and that’s where the determination is made. It’s made by a vote of our schools – we always come back to the same place. So I’d have to say that the answer right now is yes. We are satisfied with it. If you look at the win-loss records and the competitiveness of the two divisions, it is extremely equal. I think that has surprised some people because you have a tendency to look on paper and you think, ‘That division is stronger than this division.’ But then when you look at the games played on the field and how that has all turned out over a period of 10 years, it’s surprisingly equal. And I don’t think you can react to what’s going on at a particular time with divisions, necessarily." I'm amazed that anybody is satisfied with the current set-up. FSU and Clemson are clearly the best programs in the conference and Louisville is going to be very strong. Unless Miami and Virginia Tech make comebacks, this is never going to even out. I still wish we had a more flexible format that allowed for re-balancing of the divisions each season.

Problem is making it about who is in what division - he's right - that stuff fluctuates enough it's probably closer to splitting hairs.

The real issue is that the divisions and current setup really hurt scheduling. We are not in a conference with Miami, VTech, etc until we play them more than once every 200 years or whatever it is.

That's what needs to be addressed.

Problem is making it about who is in what division - he's right - that stuff fluctuates enough it's probably closer to splitting hairs.

The real issue is that the divisions and current setup really hurt scheduling. We are not in a conference with Miami, VTech, etc until we play them more than once every 200 years or whatever it is.

That's what needs to be addressed.

I'll repeat my suggestion that we ranked the teams based on their achievements the previous season and put all the evenly ranked teams in one division and the odd ranked teams in another. You play everyone in your division and two teams from the other division- one of mutual choice to keep rivalries going and whatever school you haven't played in the longest time.

I'll repeat my suggestion that we ranked the teams based on their achievements the previous season and put all the evenly ranked teams in one division and the odd ranked teams in another. You play everyone in your division and two teams from the other division- one of mutual choice to keep rivalries going and whatever school you haven't played in the longest time.
I think there's too much subjectivity in that approach.

I just wish they'd ditch the divisions, and go with the 3-5-5 concept. Be different. Lead.

I think there's too much subjectivity in that approach.

I just wish they'd ditch the divisions, and go with the 3-5-5 concept. Be different. Lead.

Not if it's based on the standings with one of the statistical formulas for a tie-breaker.

Not if it's based on the standings with one of the statistical formulas for a tie-breaker.
Except that not everyone has the same schedule the previous season.

Team A lost to FSU and Clemson and ended up 4-4 in the league. Team B played neither and finished 5-3. Who was the better team?

Not to mention the tremendous differences in OOC schedules (I'm looking at you, NCSt.).

Staying on a positive note, it could be worst, UCF got throttled by UCONN today. UCONN....

One more positive is that we only have one more game in hotter than we can handle Florida against an athletic QB.

Louie and Bouie said:
We are still 1-0 in the ACC and tied for 1st place in the division. That's a positive coming into Virginia week. :)

And BC is 0-3 in conference :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom