Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

What about a guy like Khalil Brantley as La Salle? His shooting doesn't seem that good. A pass-first PG and a 37+% 3PT shooter will probably be difficult to find.
No.

This would be an interesting name to watch and see if he hits the portal. I am pretty sure Straughn was a big factor in his recruiting. So there is a connection there. Senior lead guard shooting 3 at a high clip would be very interesting.

Last edited:
This would be an interesting name to watch and see if he hits the portal. I am pretty sure Straughn has a big factor in his recruiting. So there is a connection there. Senior lead guard shooting 3 at a high clip would be very interesting.
Dean Francis has been talking about Reynolds on his podcast as a good potential portal option. Personally, I’d like to see Q run the PG spot. He’s such a fan favorite and a super athlete. Just needs to work on his shot and his maturity and poise. But I seem to be in the minority there.

Dejour Reaves remember the name
Northern Colorado guard, from Syracuse played at Corcoran
6 foot tall, pretty good shooter, low assists at 1 per game average..
Sounds like Kyle Cuffe?

I'll never be upset about adding a 315 dude but if that's how we we building our roster my family should probably stop lighting money on fire buying season tickets and traveling to tournaments
Yeah, another guy with more turnovers than assists. Reading the tea leaves it looks like a bunch of us are going to be disappointed this offseason. That would be a very JB like move.

Last edited:
Well, that is because I know things that you don't.
You probably do because I don't know anything. Great to hear we are losing one of the more entertaining, fun. jovial, talented players we've had here in a number of years. A guy I think has a high ceiling. Great to hear the coaching staff wants him gone too.

You probably do because I don't know anything. Great to hear we are losing one of the more entertaining, fun. jovial, talented players we've had here in a number of years. A guy I think has a high ceiling. Great to hear the coaching staff wants him gone too.

There are players on the roster that:
-disrespect refs, teammates, fans, opposing players, opposing coaches and their own coaches.
-do not listen to the coaches
-argue with the coaches
-AND most of all encourage this behavior and outlook with their teammates.

I'm not saying Q the ring leader but he's certainly a part of it at times.

-disrespect refs, teammates, fans, opposing players, opposing coaches and their own coaches.
-argue with the coaches

I think part of it is Red's transition to Head Coach. Last year he was Red, one of the coaches and a guy that these players probably turned to when JB was giving them a hard time. Now, Red has to be the "bad cop". The group of players in question all played last year. None of the new guys are part of that group. A couple of the guys from last year are not among the players creating the distractions. Sounds like a natural part of the transition, unfortunately. It sounds like Red is handling it appropriately.

Its simple. Q is extremely talented but if he doesnt listen to Red and doesnt toe the line than he needs to go.
Even if he does toe the line, if he wants to start next year, it is likely not going to happen. Not unless we strike out on every portal guy we go after. If he doesn't see that he has a lot to work on, then he should transfer and see if another coach will let him go out there and play the undisciplined showboat basketball that he seems unwilling to control.

-argue with the coaches

So work with him and work on him. There's no way you're gonna tell me that you can't see positives with this young man. He's a cheerleader on the bench, he's picked up down teamates and I've been to a few events where he is the most positively interacting member of the team with the fans. You also can't tell me that we haven't had great players here in the past that haven't had this behavior you mention above to a degree.

So work with him and work on him. There's no way you're gonna tell me that you can't see positives with this young man. He's a cheerleader on the bench, he's picked up down teamates and I've been to a few events where he is the most positively interacting member of the team with the fans. You also can't tell me that we haven't had great players here in the past that haven't had this behavior you mention above to a degree.

I didn't post an opinion on what I thought should be done. I simply stated a fact that is quite obvious to observant people. Q has such a dynamic personality that some chose not to see it. Again just pointing out possible reasoning for letting him move on. Also as orangefog stated Q wants to be a starter. You absolutely can not go into next season with Q being the plan at PG. He isn't starting over JJ, Donnie, Maliq or Bell if he's back. If Q comes back and is a starter next season that likely indicates a huge offseason fail. Plus a healthy Westry projects to be in the same role Q was in this season.

Last edited: