Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

I highly doubt Red would turn down Reynolds IF he enters the portal and wants to come here. He is way too skilled to pass on. But, I see the NBA as a more likely landing spot.
I love the kid but no way do I see him as a NBA player at this point. He needs to run the pt. But, I don't think we can wait for him to learn that. We have to have a chair when the music stops.

I love the kid but no way do I see him as a NBA player at this point. He needs to run the pt. But, I don't think we can wait for him to learn that. We have to have a chair when the music stops.
The kid won't want to get left without a seat either. I don't think it's too big of an issue. If he tests the waters he'll still be talking to schools knowing there is a good chance he isn't going to stay in the draft.

The kid won't want to get left without a seat either. I don't think it's too big of an issue. If he tests the waters he'll still be talking to schools knowing there is a good chance he isn't going to stay in the draft.
I want the kid. But we can't wait on him for long. And he can always stay at St Joes. They take him back no matter what or when.

I want the kid. But we can't wait on him for long. And he can always stay at St Joes. They take him back no matter what or when.
They surely won't put all the eggs in one basket if they don't feel very confident they have him or get a verbal commitment.

Last edited:
Can we find a Tyler Kolek type PG in the portal? I know we’ve talked about him a lot the last two years. But Marquette got him after his freshman year at George Mason where he had a good season but his stats weren’t necessarily eye popping. Lots of under the radar guys who have high major potential.

Kind of like finding another Knecht tbh. Some kids develop some don’t. Look at Kadary- would have expected he would blow up much sooner than he did and even then he didn’t do as well as expected.

He's very good. Not sure he is on our list due to other needs, but he's going to help someone.
Another “scoring lead guard”. Lots of highlights;!lots of turnovers. Does Tyler Ennis exist today?

Another “scoring lead guard”. Lots of highlights;!lots of turnovers. Does Tyler Ennis exist today?
Great point. I think point guard play has gone down the trough. Nowell from KSU was great to watch last year in the tournament because he was a true point. Taking the best player and putting them on ball for the last decade hasn’t done much for the game IMO.

SU will have a connection to Mack given DMV ties and Donnie, but the line will be quite long. Maryland then everyone else.

Reynolds, once he enters, would be a much more straight forward recruitment given his close relationship to Straughn. The one to keep an eye on IMO.

SU will have a connection to Mack given DMV ties and Donnie, but the line will be quite long. Maryland then everyone else.

Reynolds, once he enters, would be a much more straight forward recruitment given his close relationship to Straughn. The one to keep an eye on IMO.
How about a package deal of Ajogbor/Mack. I’d take that in a second.

Judah had a 25.7% AST% this year.

Reynolds was at 15.4%, and even lower in conference play (13%).

We will also most likely lose Q, who was second on the team at 22%. Next highest is Maliq at 11% - he’s a good passer but clearly not a guy who should be initiating the majority of the offense.

We just need more passing on this team. JJ and Bell are both very good scorers but they aren’t passers.

Mack was at 33.2% this year

Judah had a 25.7% AST% this year.

Reynolds was at 15.4%, and even lower in conference play (13%).

We will also most likely lose Q, who was second on the team at 22%. Next highest is Maliq at 11% - he’s a good passer but clearly not a guy who should be initiating the majority of the offense.

We just need more passing on this team. JJ and Bell are both very good scorers but they aren’t passers.

Mack was at 33.2% this year
To be fair, Reynolds’ assist percentage feels pretty good considering he was their #3 ball handler. Would definitely prefer a track record of being a PG though lol

He wants big money. And from what I hear, he will get it. We will be interested but might be out of our price range.

I figured he will be going to Maryland

He wants big money. And from what I hear, he will get it. We will be interested but might be out of our price range.
Every higher profile transfer seems to want $600k (not sure if all will get it). Whats our price range for a starting pg? Like $400k?

I agree on Reynolds. But I thought Maryland was aiming for a different PG, not Mack.