Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

I will say similar to many of the other guys we're going after, his TS% against decent competition is alarmingly low, but I think he passes the eye test much better than the others (excluding Reynolds who still isn't portaling yet) and I think one of the other posters here said he was suffering from mono or something during the season which could explain that away.
The pre and post mono numbers are pretty stark differences:

Pre mono:
10 games
20.1 ppg
4.4 ast
4.1 reb
47.3% FG
47.2% 3pt

Post mono
14 games
15.1 ppg
5.1 ast
4.1 reb
36.7% fg
25.3 % 3pt

Think its safe to say the illness had a pretty big impact on him.

Pre mono:
10 games
20.1 ppg
4.4 ast
4.1 reb
47.3% FG
47.2% 3pt

Post mono
14 games
15.1 ppg
5.1 ast
4.1 reb
36.7% fg
25.3 % 3pt

Could also just be normal grind of your freshman year/teams starting to build a scouting report around him, but yeah, it lines up with the mono too.

Getting Mac and Davis would definitely have me setting my expectations at being a tourney team again.

gettyimages-1207810427-b4332ccc4b0fe611d8e2364a4371977f966d4cf6-s1100-c50.jpg

Pre mono:
10 games
20.1 ppg
4.4 ast
4.1 reb
47.3% FG
47.2% 3pt

Post mono
14 games
15.1 ppg
5.1 ast
4.1 reb
36.7% fg
25.3 % 3pt

It's weird that he spent the last 2 months steadily shooting that poorly. You'd think that he would've gained back some strength, conditioning and confidence as the season wore along. The illness may have sapped his energy, recovery and overall confidence in his outside shot.

I hope his shooting is more Nov/Dec than Jan-March if he comes here.

Mack is a very real option and if I was a betting man (which I am) he’s our starter next year at PG
It's really the only realistic option out there at the position that improves us to the point where we can be legitimate factors in the ACC to compete with the top teams next year. Happy to hear that this ship has not sailed.

It's weird that he spent the last 2 months steadily shooting that poorly. You'd think that he would've gained back some strength, conditioning and confidence as the season wore along. The illness may have sapped his energy, recovery and overall confidence in his outside shot.

I hope his shooting is more Nov/Dec than Jan-March if he comes here.
Full recovery can take a year or more

Pre mono:
10 games
20.1 ppg
4.4 ast
4.1 reb
47.3% FG
47.2% 3pt

Post mono
14 games
15.1 ppg
5.1 ast
4.1 reb
36.7% fg
25.3 % 3pt

My wife had mono as an adult and still suffers symptoms years later. Can be a very serious illness

Heres what I know regarding Malik Mack:

We've been working on him from the jump specifically Straughn. The kid wants a lot of money and other schools were throwing more at him than we were.

Now, I believe a certain donor is trying to get involved here to potentially aid in getting this money to him. Georgetown is still heavily in the mix here and so his another school with deep pockets (and known for their academics). They also both have ties to him just as we do.

Still think a long way to go here but we are trying.