Post game film watch | Syracusefan.com

Post game film watch

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Any thoughts on that news?

That FSU game was the first time the team did a play by play breakdown of the game together?

I mean, they do that at the high school level.

Is this something that's a nothing burger?

Maybe it’s semantics? Team versus individual position. It could be they watch film by position group.

That FSU game was the first time the team did a play by play breakdown of the game together?

I thought they normally did it with their position groups.

If done as a team I'm wondering if it was to put everyone's performance under the microscope as a team. Interesting dynamic when you're 'unofficially' called out in front of your entire team. Players need to be accountable as much as their coaches.

Nothing burger. Watching as position groups is probably more efficient and quicker. Does the defense learn anything watching the offense and vice versa?

I would thing given they only get a set amount of time with the players, spending a huge amount of time in a given week to do it wouldnt make sense. In a week where they had time off it does.

First time Dino has done this.

Is it a nothing burger?

Let's see how the team plays tonight.

If they play an inspired game and get a badly needed win, and finish the season strong, I can see players talking about the year afterwards and agreeing that the team video review of FSU was the key towards turning the season around.

I hope during that film review, there were frank discussions on what caused plays to fail. I hope there were coaches and players who stepped up and took responsibilities for mistakes and I hope there were discussions on how to ensure that kind of disaster does not happen again this season.

I think this team is capable of finishing the season very strong. Hopefully they haven't given up on each other yet.

If we play like crap again, yes, it was just a waste of time.

I am glad the staff tried something different anyway.

Is it a nothing burger?

If they play an inspired game and get a badly needed win, and finish the season strong, I can see players talking about the year afterwards and agreeing that the team video review of FSU was the key towards turning the season around.

I hope during that film review, there were frank discussions on what caused plays to fail. I hope there were coaches and players who stepped up and took responsibilities for mistakes and I hope there were discussions on how to ensure that kind of disaster does not happen again this season.

I think this team is capable of finishing the season very strong. Hopefully they haven't given up on each other yet.

agreed and a win tonight would be great for everybody. Players, coaches, fans, syracusefan, etc

I am not so concerned about winning as with playing better on offense.. Show signs of life there and lose at least its step in the right direction.

Is it a nothing burger?

I agree with Tom on this..

Is it really a nothing burger??

Not sure it is. The kids said that they called you out in front of the whole team if you did something you shouldn’t have/gave up on a play etc

Dino clearly is seeing what he’s doing is not working and is switching it up.

I applaud Dino for at least trying something new.

Let’s see how the team plays tonight

I can see players talking about the year afterwards and agreeing that the team video review of FSU was the key towards turning the season around.
They will more likely say Dino deferring the ball to the second half in the Virginia Tech game was the turning point of the season.

I agree with Tom on this..

Is it really a nothing burger??

Not sure it is. The kids said that they called you out in front of the whole team if you did something you shouldn’t have/gave up on a play etc

Dino clearly is seeing what he’s doing is not working and is switching it up.

I applaud Dino for at least trying something new.

Let’s see how the team plays tonight

I don’t think whether they watched film as a team or a position group will make any difference tonight at all.

I don’t think whether they watched film as a team or a position group will make any difference tonight at all.
For one game I think it does, holds you responsible to your teammates. If you’re the LB group you will never see the OL film and vice versa. If you get your ass kicked it’s embarrassing! When I played in college we did this, you have to look your teammates in the eye knowing that you had a crap game. Motivates you to go out and do better the next time instead of going through the motions

I agree. It’s not realistic to expect to beat a team after their fans bounce around to “Enter Sandman” anyway.

Okay. They put the players on blast, but what about the coaches? They're not innocent in how UNC and FSU played out.

Anyone
I am not so concerned about winning as with playing better on offense.. Show signs of life there and lose at least its step in the right direction.
We're playing a peer program. It's almost guaranteed the offense will look better tonight. That should not be the measuring stick. The concern should be winning outright, not moral victories against mediocre competition.

It's Dino taking a page out of the Bellichick playbook. That's all.

Yeahhhh, I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

We need to win. Only Ws matter from here on out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom