Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - Postgame and Thursday Articles | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday Postgame and Thursday Articles

A missing element found: Syracuse basketball defeats Louisville 69-59 (Brent Axe recap) (PS)

-9eac7048779d6368.jpg

Rakeem Christmas’ Draft Stock is on the Rise (ZagsBlog)

Rakeem Christmas’ draft stock is on the rise.

The 6-foot-9 senior center from Syracuse could be playing himself into becoming a late first-round pick in the NBA Draft.

Christmas is averaging 18.0 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks while helping to keep Syracuse (14-5) afloat during a subpar season.

“He wasn’t on the board before,” one veteran NBA scout who recently saw Syracuse told SNY.tv. “He’s averaging 18+ and 9 rebounds, he shoots over 72 percent from the free-throw line. There aren’t a lot of big guys who do that.

“He’s an example of a guy staying four years made all the difference. He would’ve made a mistake if he came out, he wasn’t going to the NBA. But you stay in all four years and work it…It’s interesting. I think he’s a bubble guy now, end of the first, beginning of the second [round].”

Rakeem Christmas’ Draft Stock is on the Rise (ZagsBlog)

Rakeem Christmas’ draft stock is on the rise.

The 6-foot-9 senior center from Syracuse could be playing himself into becoming a late first-round pick in the NBA Draft.

Christmas is averaging 18.0 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks while helping to keep Syracuse (14-5) afloat during a subpar season.

“He wasn’t on the board before,” one veteran NBA scout who recently saw Syracuse told SNY.tv. “He’s averaging 18+ and 9 rebounds, he shoots over 72 percent from the free-throw line. There aren’t a lot of big guys who do that.

“He’s an example of a guy staying four years made all the difference. He would’ve made a mistake if he came out, he wasn’t going to the NBA. But you stay in all four years and work it…It’s interesting. I think he’s a bubble guy now, end of the first, beginning of the second [round].”
Yeah, ROC! Turned into one of my all time favorites, so glad it came together for him.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino on Rakeem Christmas: 'He is the most feared low-post player in the country' (PS: Carlson)

"He is the most feared low-post player in the country," Pitino said. "That is a tremendous credit to him and the Syracuse coaching staff. When he was a freshman, unless he dunked the ball, you could leave him alone and he couldn't score. He's probably put himself into the middle to the late first round with how hard he's worked. He can be a terrific power forward at the pro level. I can't tell you how happy I am for the young man."

17059031-mmmain.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom