Postgame Presser? Any highlights? | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Presser? Any highlights?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Didn't see the thread for it, but I also had a leave of absence for a few days.

This is usually the best part about gamedays.

Yes seriously. Was banned mid-game for 2 days and had trouble navigating all of the threads the last few days.

Thanks.

I believe the main highlight was Shafer's inability to logically justify the whole time-out usage and squib kick at the end of the first half. Of course you can't logically justify something that is illogical.

i got a mandated 5 day vacation after the UVA loss. It was tough to navigate the threads when i got back. The struggle is real.

Hopefully, you learned from your mistakes...and now you're 'controlling the controllables.' ;):)

2 days and 5 day bans?
Amateurs
i went to reply to a post after the FSU loss and got an error message. I was like great, what did i say now. Turns out the thread was deleted lol. whew!

I believe the main highlight was Shafer's inability to logically justify the whole time-out usage and squib kick at the end of the first half. Of course you can't logically justify something that is illogical.

I only saw the end of the 1st half because I was coaching lacrosse on Saturday. I remember thinking I didn't mind the time out and understood it because it was really important to get 6 points. More important than worrying about running down the clock. I saw the timeout as making sure people were organized and getting the right plays. I was ok with the timeout.

The squib kick I was not ok with. Lost my shite that Shafer was going to make the same mistake 2 weeks in a row and had no doubt FSU would put points on the board because of it. That was just crazy to me. Kick it deep and roll the dice is better than squibbing it and giving them possession at the 40 yard line or whatever.

I only saw the end of the 1st half because I was coaching lacrosse on Saturday. I remember thinking I didn't mind the time out and understood it because it was really important to get 6 points. More important than worrying about running down the clock. I saw the timeout as making sure people were organized and getting the right plays. I was ok with the timeout.

The squib kick I was not ok with. Lost my shite that Shafer was going to make the same mistake 2 weeks in a row and had no doubt FSU would put points on the board because of it. That was just crazy to me. Kick it deep and roll the dice is better than squibbing it and giving them possession at the 40 yard line or whatever.
I think the time out itself would have been fine if we had run time off the clock. There was plenty of time to run plays.

I will say I don't think he envisioned an easy to handle squibb stopped at the 45. He probably wanted one like my tee shots low a close to the ground which is impossible to stop.

I will say I don't think he envisioned an easy to handle squibb stopped at the 45. He probably wanted one like my tee shots low a close to the ground which is impossible to stop.

agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom