Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

What an absolute tractor pull.
-Joe came through big-time. A couple of bad shots but otherwise was excellent. Also took good care of the ball for the most part except for that one spin.
-very similar pattern for Judah to the BC game. Sloppy start but in the second half he came through with some critical plays. Shared the ball nicely. He just makes plays other guys on the court cannot. What a talent and he is starting to harness it.
-weird night for substitutions. Benny got much more time than I would’ve expected and frankly he didn’t do much with it. But Maliq wasn’t much better. He wasn’t good against Boston College but you are have to wonder if he got hurt on the opening dunk as he was not good enough on the boards tonight.
-given how JB has dealt with Bell all year I have no idea why he stuck with him for 34 minutes tonight. He had so many wide-open looks that he missed that it really helped keep Florida State in the game. I thought he would get pulled for giving the ball to Mounir with two seconds on the shot clock. Meanwhile Taylor was coming off of a good game where he shot the ball well and he barely got off the bench. Mystifying.
-Jesse was absolute abysmal in the first half. But he came out in the second half with a different attitude and was especially good on the defensive end and on the boards.
-Anish on ESPN sounds just like Steve Levy and it is annoying.
-thank God we beat that garbage team. This would’ve been an absolute disaster to sit on for the better part of a week before we play NC State.
Bell will always play on this roster. He is a really good spot up shooter and draws a defender away from the paint - Benny and Maliq don’t do that. Playing both of them with Jesse would be a nightmare on offense, especially since they sag off Judah on the perimeter

82.4% from the line helped compensate for otherwise miserable shooting.
We finally closed out a game by playing heads up basketball.
Very tough to watch for much of the middle portion of the game.
Joe was the second leading rebounder and pretty much carried us.
Judah is learning.

Judah won us the last 2 games. I guess FSU might have folded but we were the ones hanging in there until Mintz took over.

Wish we had won that Miami game the double bye would be extremely likely holding a tie breaker over them.

Double bye is very much in play if we win two home games next week. Haven’t beaten a good team all season but we are due to get over the hump at home.

HAVE to beat NC State with a week to prepare while they have a roadie on Saturday. Dook is just another team this season and don’t have the shooters to kill the zone.

Who knows? Get the winning streak to four and see what happens back on the road.

Sy would be the best shooter on that team - Hamilton letting them jack up so many threes is why JB probably doesn’t lose sleep going against a team he coaches.

Judah won us the last 2 games. I guess FSU might have folded but we were the ones hanging in there until Mintz took over.

Wish we had won that Miami game the double bye would be extremely likely holding a tie breaker over them.
If the ball bounces our way we could have wins over Bryant, Johnnies, Miami, NC and Virginia. That would give us twenty wins already. We won some close games too, but this season is close to being pretty good.

Double bye is very much in play if we win two home games next week. Haven’t beaten a good team all season but we are due to get over the hump at home.

HAVE to beat NC State with a week to prepare while they have a roadie on Saturday. Dook is just another team this season and don’t have the shooters to kill the zone.

Who knows? Get the winning streak to four and see what happens back on the road.
We could go into the ACCT a top 4 seed with double bye and still not even close to the NCAAT

What was with the wrap on Edwards shoulder under his jersey? Did he have an injury?
Jesse 6-6 from the line was big as well even with how bad he played for a long while

If the ball bounces our way we could have wins over Bryant, Johnnies, Miami, NC and Virginia. That would give us twenty wins already. We won some close games too, but this season is close to being pretty good.
You could just as easily say Richmond, at Notre Dame and at LVille...the other way and we’re 12-13

Really great start. Then the next 20-25’ were absolutely brutal. Then a solid close.

Girard led the scoring in the first and played very well, and then Judah really stepped up and played great down the stretch in the 2nd.

Jesse was…. off in the first half. It’s really odd at times. Glad he got it together.

Bell was totally off tonight, but good effort on the glass.

Thought Benny played well in his minutes. Missed some shots but was active. Fine with the minutes he got in place of Taylor and Brown.

This FSU team lacks the talent many of their teams have had in the last 5 years.

All in all… bad basketball game.
Joey G was more French dip tonight than steakem sandwich. My little Ragazzino is all growed up. A fagiolo!

Well, that was better than being poked in the eye. Long unwatchable parts of the game, and then stretches when we played really well. Glad to get the win, of course. But this was an 8-16 team, admittedly on the road, but come on. You have to win games like this.

Jesse had some stretches on offense, but mostly is rushing his shots, rushing his footwork, traveling a lot more than they are calling it on him. And all these push offs!

Joe had a very good game, really took things over for a while. Judah came alive in the 2nd half. The play that got him going was a breakaway drive where he made the simple play and just laid it in, after missing two dunks earlier.

It's nice to see that we still have basically a 9 man rotation into February. Too many of these guys are not good enough to carry you every night, but they do have talent. They can have a good game more often than not. The whole key is getting multiple contributors each game.

Did you watch the game tonight?
Of what I watched, he had a hand in things and had strong hands on a rebound.
Clearly he didn't have his best night, but the dude is where he needs to be.

As a PF - or becoming one - I love the disruptive force.

Nitpick if you will, but game-to-game he's someone who shows up.
Perfect? No. He's a freshman.

He played tough tonight. Good for him. He battled and tried to get loose balls.

I thought Bell played real well. He missed a lot of 3’s but they were good looks andJoe and Judah were looking to get him looks using a lot of skip passes. What impressed me was his hustle. He got the 6 boards but I thought he was good on defense moving his feet and using his length. He was diving for balls too. You don’t like a player to rack up fouls but the fact he fouled out showed he was more aggressive. Good for him.

Yupp. At large has been gone for a couple weeks now. Have to win the ACCT and winning three games in three days is easier than four games in four days.

One would think.
More math?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom