Postgame Thoughts… GT | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… GT

Joe does that a lot and I think it throws his shot off. Stripes should stop rewarding that.
I still can’t believe they called that one. Defender literally jumped straight up in the air, landing in the exact spot he took off from. Joe‘s shooting motion brought him into the defense, plus the leg kick, and that’s all the contact there was. I’ve got no idea what the defender could have done differently there, jump back?

I agree that Bourma has more savvy and make a difference but I worry about his stamina. I think starting Frank and getting minutes out of him until Bourama has to come in shortens the amount of time Sid has to be on the floor. Would love for him to play the bulk of the minutes but I think those days are in his past. Sid has game and experience but extremely damaged knees.
I think Bourama's effectiveness at the end of the game was due to the fact that he was on fresher legs.

A few thoughts
-Bourama played with so much heart. I hope he realizes how much effort like that is appreciated. So many what ifs as far as his health and career.
-I know he got off to a fast start but Jimmy cooled off significantly. I cannot fathom any reason at all where he should be playing 44 minutes. Not only is he not good enough to warrant that but that kind of time puts him at a disadvantage fatigue wise.
-imagine having Cole on your team and deciding the best way to win a game in the final seconds is to run an isolation play so Jimmy can shoot the one handed right handed floater that he never makes
-Benny hasn’t been good but you can’t tell me that he couldn’t play tough defense and grab some rebounds to give Jimmy a rest from 44 minutes. As I did say in the game thread I wish Benny would sprint down the court more often and take advantage of his speed instead of those long, jogging steps he usually takes.
-I wish somebody could tell buddy that there are other ways to help the team besides shooting like passing and playing tough defense and keeping your hands up when closing out. How can you play 42 minutes and get ZERO rebounds?
-I can’t imagine why there were no minutes available for Symir in the second half. At the very least I would play offense defense with him and either buddy or Joe. He is clearly the best defender of those three.
-I honestly don’t care how many temper tantrums JB throws I think Frank was effective, particularly in the second half. It is amazing how he and Jesse are the only bigs deserving of criticism and that Jimmy always seems to play a perfect game.
Great points - I believe it was Benny's loping back on D that got him pulled. He wasn't running and they got a 3 off in an area where he would have been if he had run back. He doesn't have the connections or game record to get away with that.

Symir in the game and not bringing the ball up at the end was the oddest thing of the evening to me. why is he in there at that time? To space the floor?

Buddy is a point counter. He won't change.

Frank and Sid won us the game last night in the 2nd half. Both were excellent.

He told a (student I believe) reporter when he asked “can you tell me about frank and bourama and the center position?” In which Jim replies “we have two centers that will play ...
Then he follows it up with “will there be any change to the starting lineup?”
Jim replies with “please. Please. Please. Do not play that game with me”

Take the winning aside, I do not know who could honestly respect this dude for how he talks to people when they were just doing their job.

He also took a nice jab at the fans saying they were asleep for 34 minutes. Yeah maybe because the game stunk and your son was 0-19 from the field. The fans are why you make $3m a year Jim. He has some serious issues that are very strange
People do because they can.

Survive and Advance. When we were 9-11 I did not think we had a shot of making the NIT. Now, we have a shot (small) at 20 wins. Yes we are underdogs in all the remaining regular season games.

Current Record 15-12

ND ==> W (40% chance to win)
Duke ==>L (5% chance to win)
UNC ==> W (40% chance to win)
Miami ==> W (40% chance to win)

Reg Season 18 - 13

ACC Tournament IN BROOKLYN

We lose in the semis and go 2-1

Selection Sunday Record 20-14.

Are we Dancing?

Survive and Advance. When we were 9-11 I did not think we had a shot of making the NIT. Now, we have a shot (small) at 20 wins. Yes we are underdogs in all the remaining regular season games.

Current Record 15-12

ND ==> W (40% chance to win)
Duke ==>L (5% chance to win)
UNC ==> W (40% chance to win)
Miami ==> W (40% chance to win)

Reg Season 18 - 13

ACC Tournament IN BROOKLYN

We lose in the semis and go 2-1

Selection Sunday Record 20-14.

Are we Dancing?
Winning three consecutive 40 percent games would come through about 6 percent of the time. Plus needing to win as underdog in ACC tournament.

So the scenario you lay out is extremely unlikely, and even then, it's probably not good enough.

Great points - I believe it was Benny's loping back on D that got him pulled. He wasn't running and they got a 3 off in an area where he would have been if he had run back. He doesn't have the connections or game record to get away with that.

Symir in the game and not bringing the ball up at the end was the oddest thing of the evening to me. why is he in there at that time? To space the floor?

Buddy is a point counter. He won't change.

Frank and Sid won us the game last night in the 2nd half. Both were excellent.

"Buddy is a point counter. He won't change."

he's a shooting guard and his team's leading scorer. It's his job.

Between the way he ran on the court and berated Anselem and the PC, JB is making himself less likeable by the day. I wish someone would ask him about our new strategy of taking out only Anselem or Benny when the other team hits a 3 near them, but ignoring every other open 3 hit by opponents.

Echoing Cusefan0307 above, and why I generally avoid any of the game threads...

It's remarkable to me how people can't separate the macro less-than-ideal program trajectory from the immediate game stuff. In a thread that's supposed to be specific to that game.

It's remarkable that people go out of their way to magnify Buddy's negative plays from the game and ignore/not mention that he hit probably the key shot of the game and had a series of crucial baskets in the 2nd half.

And it's remarkable that people rag on Jimmy for some 2nd half misses when, in reality, without his efforts in the 1st half we would have been down double digits at half time, and likely lose the game.

It's just... dumb

Between the way he ran on the court and berated Anselem and the PC, JB is making himself less likeable by the day. I wish someone would ask him about our new strategy of taking out only Anselem or Benny when the other team hits a 3 near them, but ignoring every other open 3 hit by opponents.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

Winning three consecutive 40 percent games would come through about 6 percent of the time. Plus needing to win as underdog in ACC tournament.

So the scenario you lay out is extremely unlikely, and even then, it's probably not good enough.

So you agree with me:

1645544595895.png

Echoing Cusefan0307 above, and why I generally avoid any of the game threads...

It's remarkable to me how people can't separate the macro less-than-ideal program trajectory from the immediate game stuff. In a thread that's supposed to be specific to that game.

It's remarkable that people go out of their way to magnify Buddy's negative plays from the game and ignore/not mention that he hit probably the key shot of the game and had a series of crucial baskets in the 2nd half.

And it's remarkable that people rag on Jimmy for some 2nd half misses when, in reality, without his efforts in the 1st half we would have been down double digits at half time, and likely lose the game.

It's just... dumb
I mean, we wouldn’t have been in that position with even average ball movement on offense, earlier driving at their players with four fouls (and not punctuating with fallback turnaround attempts), and adherence to basic tenets of the game. He can be the alpha and get the shots without it being done in that statistically terrible iso way. That’s not mutually exclusive.

So…not that dumb.

Genuinely asking, not trying to be a smartazz or start a fight:

Has Buddy ever taken a charge in his four years here?

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.
I'm not sure what my question would be-Do you think you may have overdone it a bit with running onto the court and reaming out Frank? Think insulting the fans for not being louder is the way to go?

He told a (student I believe) reporter when he asked “can you tell me about frank and bourama and the center position?” In which Jim replies “we have two centers that will play ...
Then he follows it up with “will there be any change to the starting lineup?”
Jim replies with “please. Please. Please. Do not play that game with me”

Take the winning aside, I do not know who could honestly respect this dude for how he talks to people when they were just doing their job.

He also took a nice jab at the fans saying they were asleep for 34 minutes. Yeah maybe because the game stunk and your son was 0-19 from the field. The fans are why you make $3m a year Jim. He has some serious issues that are very strange
I mean, it is a dumb question lol. Sidibe has played 10+ minutes in the last 2 games for the first time in nearly 2 years, he isn’t starting. I think JB can be a dick but this isn’t new. The fans like him because he has 1100+ wins. On the other hand, Dino is by all accounts a fantastic guy who is nothing he polite with the media, yet many of the fans hate him. Both distinct personalities that should favor the other’s fan response. Winning cures all in sports.

Last edited:
If we win out other than Duke and make it to the ACC championship game i think we make the dance

I'm not sure what my question would be-Do you think you may have overdone it a bit with running onto the court and reaming out Frank? Think insulting the fans for not being louder is the way to go?

You seemed pretty specific about it: "I wish someone would ask him about our new strategy of taking out only Anselem or Benny when the other team hits a 3 near them, but ignoring every other open 3 hit by opponents."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom