Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

But... If those shoulders turn to muscle and he adds some things... he'll play ball as a pro somewhere.
He'll need to shoot. Based on the FT% it could take some work.

But of SU frosh forwards from the last decade or so, Maliq stands out with his defense and offense.

One “negative” I noticed when brown in and Benny out is that it is harder for Mintz to get the space to drive bc I believe Jesse and brown are more traditionally positioned. Benny seems to hang out more around the perimeter allowing Mintz to do his thing with more space. This is an observation and not a criticism as I love how brown plays. Judah will find the seems still and when his outside shot develops too…wow. But did anyone else notice this or am I still feeling the effects of my bender?

Interesting observation. Those two are definitely traditional low post players. Brown's game is much different from Benny's, with the latter tending to float outside of the paint.

If Brown is going to play more, the team will have to adjust, can't have two guys clogging the lane.

But that's an address now I would expect the coaches to begin making, if Brown is truly going to gobble up the bulk of the minutes now.

One “negative” I noticed when brown in and Benny out is that it is harder for Mintz to get the space to drive bc I believe Jesse and brown are more traditionally positioned. Benny seems to hang out more around the perimeter allowing Mintz to do his thing with more space. This is an observation and not a criticism as I love how brown plays. Judah will find the seems still and when his outside shot develops too…wow. But did anyone else notice this or am I still feeling the effects of my bender?
otoh, youre seeing more assists now from Judah...perhaps his layups turn into more assists instead

but imo having weapons is always better than not...

dealing with the (lack of) spacing on drives is something judah might have to figure out when maliq and jesse are in - but there are always ways to adjust...

When Brown in and Benny out, seems like Jesse plays well.
No stats to cite.
So that's a "positive"(?)

Interesting observation. Those two are definitely traditional low post players. Brown's game is much different from Benny's, with the latter tending to float outside of the paint.

If Brown is going to play more, the team will have to adjust, can't have two guys clogging the lane.

But that's an address now I would expect the coaches to begin making, if Brown is truly going to gobble up the bulk of the minutes now.

Jesse should be involved in high PnR action with Judah more than posting up and you can put Maliq in the Dunker spot as long as we have Joe/Bell/JT in some combo.

Maliq can also be used in action bc of how well he passes. There is no reason to put Jesse down in the block all the time.

Yeah, then he read some message board posts and thought “what am I missing here?”

Lol

No BS, if someone got JB to do a Reddit AMA, I think JB would crush it. I think he would be a super fun guy to hear stories from in an online forum.

No snark at all. Legit.

Gonna show my ignorance here. I know what Reddit is but what is an AMA?

When they showed the slo-mo replay of Joe's head getting slammed to the floor by the ND player landing on him, was sure he'd be in concussion protocol and done for the night.
Apparently not that bad -didn't notice an egg on his forehead where I thought it hit the floor(?)

If there’s “no blood-no foul”, what is it if there is blood?

The issue with this “take” is that we have no idea what has been worked on during practice. The “lapses” may be specific things that kids weren’t supposed to do.
That said, I think it would be refreshing if JB could coach them up on the fly, instead of pulling the kids out.

You mean shouting at them as they run by?

Did Arinze and Rick “clog the lane”?

It's not selfishness as much as panic, imo. Maybe tonight he's him realize that it's not all on him when things aren't going well

Agree at times and that is a sign of a mature player knowing or learning when to do X or Y at appropriate times.

Brown has great hands. Rarely even bobbles the ball. Strong on catching passes and handling rebounds.

Some of the best hands I've seen here in a long time. I don't recall many past forwards who have the quickness and strength to rip the ball out of an opponents hands so quickly vs it being a jump ball.

Yes, because they were both low post players who couldn't shoot the ball. Which is why we didn't play them together outside of the beginning of halves, for the most part.

I remember them playing together a lot and passing the ball back and forth as Jesse and Maliq are now doing. We lost that when Arinze went down and that hurt us vs. Butler. Oh, and JB tends to play his best combination of players at the beginning of a half.

I remember them playing together a lot and passing the ball back and forth as Jesse and Maliq are now doing. We lost that when Arinze went down and that hurt us vs. Butler. Oh, and JB tends to play his best combination of players at the beginning of a half.
They really didn’t play that much together - they both averaged slightly over a half a game (around 22 to 26 minutes each)

Then you are misremembering, in a misguided attempt to score a talking point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom