Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and...

It was me. Sounds like I stand corrected. Be glad to see him do it against a better team as well.
He played well today. But the recency bias in this forum is overwhelming. After (or even during) every game, people react to a good or bad performance by a player or coach as if it will somehow be the norm forevermore. It's ridiculous.

Nice win, on the downside

7 assists to Georgetowns 14. Night in and night out our aasist numbers are low. Just the type of ball we'll play with this lineup I guess.

14 TOs. Just seemed like we were getting stripped left and right... avoidable stuff.. Georgetown had 14 too, so a wash I guess. Would have won by 20 w a reduction in the unforced TOs.

That's it. Everything was pretty cool otherwise.

Is there any way to watch a full replay? I was traveling and only just saw the 8minute highlights.

Which were impressive. seemed like Hima played a lot but the number of minutes wasn’t that high. McLeod only played 4? He didn‘t get injured, did he? Good minutes for Hima. So glad he could contribute.

Those two follow dunks by Copeland and Brown were spectacular. We haven’t seen that kind of thing in a while.

So good to get The Real JJ back.

Down goes Georgetown. I am exhausted but now I can smile.

Is there any way to watch a full replay? I was traveling and only just saw the 8minute highlights.

Which were impressive. seemed like Hima played a lot but the number of minutes wasn’t that high. McLeod only played 4? He didn‘t get injured, did he? Good minutes for Hima. So glad he could contribute.

Those two follow dunks by Copeland and Brown were spectacular. We haven’t seen that kind of thing in a while.

McLeod was a disaster on defense and the board is his brief mins so he didnt come back in, after Red said his foot was sore. We’ll see. Hopefully it is injury and he can get better

McLeod was a disaster on defense and the board is his brief mins so he didnt come back in, after Red said his foot was sore. We’ll see. Hopefully it is injury and he can get better
Thankya.

Two miscellaneous thoughts:
1. Even though Benny didn't play much today, my favorite play of the day was the gorgeous give-and-go between Judah and Benny. 2:31 mark below.

2. I wish Chris Bell would be a better teammate. There were plenty of games when Bell played major minutes and Copeland played fewer, but Q still had positive/encouraging energy on the bench. Today was the reverse. Bell seemed mopey the entire game, even when the team was walking off the court at the end celebrating.

hope the link works

My daughter born morning after 34,616. Tried to come a day earlier but we had Nova matchup at the Dome
Two of my kids were born on Superbowl Sunday during the games. I still try to celebrate their birthdays during the superbowl, but never win that debate. They prefer their actual birthday, though they're only a few days apart. It's just easier for me not to have to remember the exact day...

my family laughed over posts here more than we have in 45 years.
Thank you all.
Especially Lee Corso.

Two of my kids were born on Superbowl Sunday during the games. I still try to celebrate their birthdays during the superbowl, but never win that debate. They prefer their actual birthday, though they're only a few days apart. It's just easier for me not to have to remember the exact day...
Just imagine the offspring we DON'T know about!
(here's me to you, Lehigh-Lafayette)

Quick thoughts: I'm happy with the outcome of the game.

However I'm even happier with how JJ played, great game from him.

Quadir did some Quadir things today and I'd take his presence on this team 10/10 times with the good AND the bad.

Judah was steady and played to his strengths without forcing too much. Maliq was his usual solid self.

Nice to see us play well as a team without much scoring from Bell or Taylor (nice job on the boards as always JT). Was really nice to see Hima get some run, here's to hoping he can stay healthy. Really liked his defense last year off the bench.

Onto the next one.

A 7’4” guy with a foot injury would not be promising news.

Was the air lighter in DC or was it the shoes? These SU's players seemed to be more athletic yesterday than before. It's gotta be the shoes. Nice to see and good win gentlemen!
i liked Judah's shoes yesterday

1. Even though Benny didn't play much today, my favorite play of the day was the gorgeous give-and-go between Judah and Benny. 2:31 mark below.

2. I wish Chris Bell would be a better teammate. There were plenty of games when Bell played major minutes and Copeland played fewer, but Q still had positive/encouraging energy on the bench. Today was the reverse. Bell seemed mopey the entire game, even when the team was walking off the court at the end celebrating.

Bell’s game is unfortunately tied to his jumper. When he’s making shots he’s locked in and when he’s not he floats. That’ll be the next step for him. Finding ways to impact the game in other ways.

benny came out with great energy in the 1st half, i thought. perfect attitude and style. but then kinda was lost on defense in the 2nd, overthinking and his man was scoring a lot.

as far as bell goes, no one goes pro for being a good teammate...or for cheering well from the bench...and the reality is thats why all these guys are playing basketball, to go pro. but yeah would be nice if they faked it better for the cameras, I suppose.

overall, can look at it as a good thing...puts pressure on them to perform when they are in the game. deeper team means more of a battle for minutes, means they better play well when they are in...and less casual play...which seems to have been an issue thus far in red's tenure.

benny came out with great energy in the 1st half, i thought. perfect attitude and style. but then kinda was lost on defense in the 2nd, overthinking and his man was scoring a lot.

as far as bell goes, no one goes pro for being a good teammate...or for cheering well from the bench...and the reality is thats why all these guys are playing basketball, to go pro. but yeah would be nice if they faked it better for the cameras, I suppose.

overall, can look at it as a good thing...puts pressure on them to perform when they are in the game. deeper team means more of a battle for minutes, means they better play well when they are in...and less casual play...which seems to have been an issue thus far in red's tenure.
You mean Red's 'tenure' of 10 whole games?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom