Power move for the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Power move for the ACC

SUinNYC

2nd String
Add Houston. Right now. Today. And kill the Big 12. No expansion means that league dies. So take the best candidate. Get into Texas and make football a powerhouse. It's Dino Babers style. Go for the jugular.

why bring in a team that has the best recruiting advantage though? i wish we could build a team by never driving further than geneva/cortland/utica

My only issue with adding a program when they're hot is you're stuck with them when they're not. Though they have a lot going for it.

Somebody needs to be added to the Coastal. The Atlantic is absurd and Miami is about to have a stranglehold on the ACC Championship Game for a while.

I'd rather put the screws to ND though. I know it's a longshot but we don't need them for hoops and the ACC Football brand is on a big uptick while ND is trending in the opposite direction.

My only issue with adding a program when they're hot is you're stuck with them when they're not. Though they have a lot going for it.
Valid point. But seem to be on the rise for the next decade at least. And while the Big 12 hems and haws, Swofford should swoop in like a decisive ninja. They would immediately accept.

Doesn't this describe syracuse football to a t. By your standards syracuse would have never made it into the acc.

Valid point. But seem to be on the rise for the next decade at least. And while the Big 12 hems and haws, Swofford should swoop in like a decisive ninja. They would immediately accept.

The end game for any ACC expansion is adding ND. I can not seem them adding Houston just to add Houston. There will be no ninja swooping without ND in tow, IMO.

The end game for any ACC expansion is adding ND. I can not seem them adding Houston just to add Houston. There will be no ninja swooping without ND in tow, IMO.
Personally I would rather see Texas then nd. I would love to see nd implode on their own selfish greed and remain independent with the hopes they fall into syracuse football lows.

UH is a significant distance from the rest of the league. I don't believe UH brings a significant number of eyeballs on TVs watching more ACC games. Academics are rather weak too compared to the rest of the ACC. This aspect seems to matter to other league members.

Add Houston. Right now. Today. And kill the Big 12. No expansion means that league dies. So take the best candidate. Get into Texas and make football a powerhouse. It's Dino Babers style. Go for the jugular.
Powe-er move by the ACC: We don't add Houston and we let the B12 water its TV contract down (from the networks' perspective), and then we invite Texas after ESPN/FOX tear the B12 apart towards the end of their current deal (both have already threatened to sue to B12).

UH is a significant distance from the rest of the league. I don't believe UH brings a significant number of eyeballs on TVs watching more ACC games. Academics are rather weak too compared to the rest of the ACC. This aspect seems to matter to other league members.
BINGO!

The Big 12 doesn't want Houston. Taking Houston means they failed in finding candidates they actually grow that league.

Doesn't this describe syracuse football to a t. By your standards syracuse would have never made it into the acc.

By those standards, the ACC would have needed to add SU in the late 80s or early to mid 90s. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Somebody needs to be added to the Coastal. The Atlantic is absurd and Miami is about to have a stranglehold on the ACC Championship Game for a while.

I'd rather put the screws to ND though. I know it's a longshot but we don't need them for hoops and the ACC Football brand is on a big uptick while ND is trending in the opposite direction.
Would it be easier to have Louvul and VPI swap divisions? :noidea:

Would it be easier to have Louvul and VPI swap divisions? :noidea:
Should be fsu and Miami in one division and Clemson Miami in the other. Problem is it would be bad for the Acc to have one of their top team lose in the championship game two days before the playoff schedule comes out hence why the two best teams are in the same division.

Should be fsu and Miami in one division and Clemson Miami in the other. Problem is it would be bad for the Acc to have one of their top team lose in the championship game two days before the playoff schedule comes out hence why the two best teams are in the same division.
Divisions were established before Clemson was the Clemson we know now. Miami was expected to be a power and the ACC wanted the FSU/Miami matchup in the championship game. VPI was better at that point too. Since then VPI has regressed and Miami has underperformed/got nicked by NCAA sanctions. The picture we have now is not what the conference anticipated when they established divisions.

Divisions were established before Clemson was the Clemson we know now. Miami was expected to be a power and the ACC wanted the FSU/Miami matchup in the championship game. VPI was better at that point too. Since then VPI has regressed and Miami has underperformed/got nicked by NCAA sanctions. The picture we have now is not what the conference anticipated when they established divisions.
You're right. I forgot those were picked way back and they just added us and Pitt

Football isn't a national brand any longer hence why Nike won't even offer an orange jersey to sell. Basketball doesn't drive the bus.
I've wanted an authentic Syracuse Nike jersey for a while now :mad:

I've wanted an authentic Syracuse Nike jersey for a while now :mad:
If you're a little more patient about delivery dates, this board could be invaded by some Russian bot supposedly selling "top quality jersey" just like our board did. :cool: