Practice Schedule? | Syracusefan.com

Practice Schedule?

Nope.

Not being made public this year.

All practices are closed to the media anyways.

Everything is closed but these are the dates. Babers and select players will be made available for interview through Zoom each week.

Thursday, August 6
Friday, August 7
Saturday, August 8
Sunday, August 9
Tuesday, August 11
Wednesday, August 12
Thursday, August 13
Friday, August 14
Saturday, August 15
Sunday, August 16
Tuesday, August 18
Wednesday, August 19
Thursday, August 20
Friday, August 21
Saturday, August 22
Sunday, August 23

This is a train wreck. I get it that we want to see a college football season, but not executed this way, without adequate preparation, players losing essential conditioning time because someone in their group tested positive and the NCAA doing the absolute bare minimum to grant the players concessions for the enormous risks to their career and health.

How can you put out a schedule when the inmates are running the asylum. These kids are ditching practice at the drop of a hat and the staff doesn't seem to have much say. I fully understand it's all about these kid's safety. That said, the protocols in place seem reasonable and I believe these kids, as they do, are safer in the structure and discipline of a d1 football itinerary day to day.

...so was this to limit a potential spread because of a positive case or did the players have another ultimatum?

if it’s the later who runs the show? I feel bad for Dino and the rest of the coaches!

How can you put out a schedule when the inmates are running the asylum. These kids are ditching practice at the drop of a hat and the staff doesn't seem to have much say. I fully understand it's all about these kid's safety. That said, the protocols in place seem reasonable and I believe these kids, as they do, are safer in the structure and discipline of a d1 football itinerary day to day.
Given your first two sentences, I don't think you even partially understand.

It’s time to cancel the season.

I agree with others if it is a positive then it makes since to cancel. However if it’s the players then cancel the season. Multiple players have said they feel comfortable with all the steps the school has taken. If it is concerns with other schools then they need to op out. The school cannot control the other schools. It is the conference that can mandate protocols.

Yeah why should the people actually playing the game have a voice here? Just shut up and entertain us.

Screw the players who have concerns! The coaches are the real victims here.

Im sorry but I truly believe Dino has the best interest of his players in mind and wouldn't jeopardize them, not sure where you are getting off that I said the coaches were the victims, nice try!

Im sorry but I truly believe Dino has the best interest of his players in mind and wouldn't jeopardize them, not sure where you are getting off that I said the coaches were the victims, nice try!
I think the players have their best interests in mind as well, even though they don’t all have the same opinion. You just painted some players with a certain point of view as being bad actors here and expressed sympathy for the coaches as if they’re being abused or harmed by players with concerns, as if they’re somehow, you know, victims.

Ummm... you implied it right here.

Feeling sorry for them has nothing to do with thinking they are victims, again don't put words in my mouth.

No one is forcing the student athletes to play if you don't feel safe then don't play.

Feeling sorry for them has nothing to do with thinking they are victims, again don't put words in my mouth.

No one is forcing the student athletes to play if you don't feel safe then don't play.

1 - Yes it does. You should feel sorry for the players.

2 - Your ‘shut up and dribble’ take is not going to age well.

Edit - and another thing. You said what you said, nobody ‘put any words in your mouth ‘. Own your own comments.

OK. Meanwhile you feel bad for the coaches because some players have a point of view that you don't like. Why do you feel bad for the coaches at all in this case?

1 - Yes it does. You should feel sorry for the players.

2 - Your ‘shut up and dribble’ take is not going to age well.

Edit - and another thing. You said what you said, nobody ‘put any words in your mouth ‘. Own your own comments.

My comments are there and I stand by them, twist them how ever it makes you feel better

My comments are there and I stand by them, twist them how ever it makes you feel better

And they will be taken at face value, not by ‘what’s in your heart’.

Gentlemen, the virus is the enemy and we're all its victims.
Let's not argue about semantics.
P.S. None of us is calling the shots, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom