Pressure | Syracusefan.com

Pressure

dasher

Living Legend
Just thinking, when is the last time we had this much pressure on us to win. This game is a game that, I think we should win. Not just can win. FSU isn't your usually FSU team. We are at home and suddenly, a number of teams on our schedule don't look that much better than us if at all. A number of times over the last 20 years we have failed to perform in big situations. Can we come up big and set our season up? I can't wait until Saturday to find out.

Am watching the FSU/Samford game. Two observations - 1) National TV must do something that skews people's perception regarding speed (referring to the VTech game last week in which folks were worried how fast FSU looked), because FSU does not look fast at all against Samford, at least the first quarter, and 2) Their slot receiver McKnight thrashed them in the first quarter. Can Riley and Johnson have the same success? If so, we are going to roll.

Hope you are right, Dash

I don't think we know enough about how good the D is or isn't to put this game in the "should" win column. I'll be interested in the Vegas line, but would not be surprised to see SU as a home Dog this week.

If Dino is who we hope he is, at some point he'll expect to win games like Florida State, and fans along with him. He believes in his system and has some guys that can execute pretty well at times. I'm a believer in Dino, too, and think we can compete and win some football games. Florida State is kind of shell-shocked and in disarray. At the dome that should be worth some points. Florida State is better than they've looked, but we can do this...

We have momentum and depth now. Fsu has a lot to lose and is already playing with a leg in the grave.

This should be a hell of a punching match and dino’s gotta be ready to be relentless.

What I saw from FSU in that game were some of the same defensive lapses we suffered against WMU and for one drive against Wagner. Blown assignments and letting speedy wide receivers get behind them.

Akers is still a beast and will be a strong test for us. They have talent but hopefully we can score points and lots of them. Not sure FSU is clicking on offense in the way we are.

We have momentum and depth now. Fsu has a lot to lose and is already playing with a leg in the grave.

This should be a hell of a punching match and dino’s gotta be ready to be relentless.

A leg in the grave? Really?

Disagree. Trying to figure itself out and I hope it’s not against us.

A leg in the grave? Really?

Disagree. Trying to figure itself out and I hope it’s not against us.
FSU plays for championships, not bowl games. They accrue a second loss and they’re pretty much as good as screwed. Not to mention a loss to us is a little harder for the FSU fans to look past with Taggert than vt

I fully expect a win this week. This is my expectation in season three with a four year starter at QB. Especially at home

That does not factor in the opponent.

That does not factor in the opponent.
FSU, cool. Why not us?

At some point this fan base, University, and team need to have expectations. If not, then what is the point of paying out millions for a failing football coach? Dino needs to win now, FSU is down. Needs to be a win.

Belief only goes so far without evidence

FSU, cool. Why not us?

At some point this fan base, University, and team need to have expectations. If not, then what is the point of paying out millions for a failing football coach? Dino needs to win now, FSU is down. Needs to be a win.

I agree with this.

When the traditional powers in our conference are vulnerable, we need to be able to kick them when they're down.

FSU is vulnerable right now. They're trying to get right in our Dome.

Time to kick.

The game has to be played by SU at a high level to win. However, in our favor:
1. FSU's first road game
2. New coach in Taggart after significant continuity (Bowden 34 years, Jimbo 8)
3. New system
4. Highly recruited athletes everywhere, but how motivated can they be to play the 'Cuse in our house?
5. The death of former FSU RB Burt Reynolds. RIP Smokey. (I'm reaching here)

I hope we gameplan off of Willie's last Dome visit with USF

I'd imagine he will try and do the same things he did in that game again, against us

I think this game is a pretty even match up at this point. I would be surprised if it isn't a close game

FSU is Syracuse 2005. Let's kick em when they're down. We still had P's talent in 2005 but it wasn't adjusting to GERG's system.

If Dino is the coach we think he is, we have to win this game because he needs to figure out a way to leverage our game planning against a team that isn't translating Taggert's philosophy yet.

May be the most important game in a decade plus.

FSU, cool. Why not us?

We have seen evidence, Both Va Tech and Clemson wins were plenty of evidence to believe that we are going in the right direction and have the right guy at the helm.

Every school in the FBS pays millions to football coaches, we are no different. There are plenty of coaches out there that get paid a bunch more money than Dino and fail. Dino BTW is still at the middle of FBS coaching salaries so he is a bargain at what he gets paid.

"Win NOW" impatience will get this program into trouble. Addazio at BC in the perfect example, impatience could have had him fired a year or 2 ago, they stuck with it and now they could win the division.

Patience.

We have seen evidence, Both Va Tech and Clemson wins were plenty of evidence to believe that we are going in the right direction and have the right guy at the helm.

Every school in the FBS pays millions to football coaches, we are no different. There are plenty of coaches out there that get paid a bunch more money than Dino and fail. Dino BTW is still at the middle of FBS coaching salaries so he is a bargain at what he gets paid.

"Win NOW" impatience will get this program into trouble. Addazio at BC in the perfect example, impatience could have had him fired a year or 2 ago, they stuck with it and now they could win the division.

Patience.

We are paying Dino a good salary. The argument he's underpaid is wrong. My entire point is we need to turn the corner and sometimes it happens before anyone expects it. The door is open this weekend for one of those opportunities. You beat a marquee team that is not that marquee anymore it can be a huge kick in the butt for the remainder of the season.

Our schedule sets up well with the teams we're playing and the time we're playing them. After the Clemson game, we'll have opportunities to win every game left. Some will be tougher than others but we'll be ready to roll. It feels like the schedule is in our favor for the first time in decades.

We are paying Dino a good salary. The argument he's underpaid is wrong. My entire point is we need to turn the corner and sometimes it happens before anyone expects it. The door is open this weekend for one of those opportunities. You beat a marquee team that is not that marquee anymore it can be a huge kick in the butt for the remainder of the season.

Our schedule sets up well with the teams we're playing and the time we're playing them. After the Clemson game, we'll have opportunities to win every game left. Some will be tougher than others but we'll be ready to roll. It feels like the schedule is in our favor for the first time in decades.
Never said Dino was underpaid and when I said he was paid at the middle of the pack for FBS coaches, that is a fact.

He could have made more elsewhere but he chose to come here which makes him a bargain for Syracuse University.

Agreed we need to take advantage of a down year for FSU but it is not the end of the world if we don't. We will just be where we thought we would be before the season started.

I want to see us dictate things on both sides of the ball. They’ve not shown the command on O to do anything they want effeciently. And our O is in year 3 with a very good, dominant at times QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom