Pro Football Hall of Fame | Syracusefan.com

Pro Football Hall of Fame

orange79

Internet Sleuth
So, the finalists for the HOF have been announced. Who ya got?

Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Don Coryell
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Alan Faneca
Brett Favre
Kevin Greene
Marvin Harrison
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James
John Lynch
Terrell Owens
Orlando Pace
Kurt Warner

Favre is a no-brainer. Marvin...should be. We'll see. Tough having Davis/James on the board at the same time. Davis really only had 4 years of productivity. Gotta go with James there. Is the HOF ready to elect a kicker? :noidea:

Favre
Greene
Harrison
Pace

Stabler
Stanfel

Eddie D

i think they only take 4 of the 5 possible modern era guys this year. Favre and Harrison are locks. they will clean up the Greene snub and get Pace out of the way. i can see them going with the 2 veterans guys and the contributer too.

eventually we wont see Davis' name on this list, you nailed the reason. Warner will make it, but not with Favre. i could see them stiff Coryell. Dungey could get the race vote. Jacoby was good, but not as good as Pace, hes gotta go 1st.

the rest will need to wait.

if i had to bet...TO & James are most likely to get in at some point.*

* on the edit, Atwater & Faneca too.

Last edited:
Favre
Greene
Harrison
Pace

Stabler
Stanfel

Eddie D

i think they only take 4 of the 5 possible modern era guys this year. Favre and Harrison are locks. they will clean up the Greene snub and get Pace out of the way. i can see them going with the 2 veterans guys and the contributer too.

eventually we wont see Davis' name on this list, you nailed the reason. Warner will make it, but not with Favre. i could see them stiff Coryell. Dungey could get the race vote. Jacoby was good, but not as good as Pace, hes gotta go 1st.

the rest will need to wait.

if i had to bet...TO & James are most likely to get in at some point.*

* on the edit, Atwater & Faneca too.
(ahem) Nailed it...

really not sold on the stabler thing.. he always seemed like a facilitator. i dont recall ever having a discussion of him ever even being the top 1-2 qbs when he played. he had 3-4 good years and some other decent ones but a bunch of just avg ones too. look at the rcvrs he had to throw too.

(ahem) Nailed it...

So with Greene in, this clears the way for Freeney, yes?

Based on what we chatted about on here, he would have to get in for Freeney to get in?

Maybe not first ballot, but it sure seems like Freeney and TC are our locks in upcoming years.

McNabb needs to start making better decisions and have better PR and he may be able to get in.

Don Cornell should be in.

Warner should get in over McNabb.

Based on what we chatted about on here, he would have to get in for Freeney to get in?

Maybe not first ballot, but it sure seems like Freeney and TC are our locks in upcoming years.

McNabb needs to start making better decisions and have better PR and he may be able to get in.

Tc is a lock two sb's, took an expansion team to two title games. I would put Freeney in, not sure he is a lock though.

imo there was no way they can start putting in guys already out like jason taylor, john abraham, leslie oneil and simeon rice...and then the next group of peppers, jared allen, demarcus ware...without putting Greene in 1st.

and then lower down the sack totem pole theres freeney and mathis...as well as clyde simmons, who really should get a nice hard look.

now that Greene is cleaned up, they can be a little selective. id start to look for 1 DE a year to start gaining entrance.

not sure if any of them gets in 1st ballot.

again, i think freeney gets in...but its gonna be a while.

he has lowest sack and way lower tackle #s of all his peers, but does have a ring and a decade team nomination, so it will be fun...but no breath holding please.

if the Giants can get TC on the payroll, it will free him up to be on the ballot next year.

he could go that quick, unless a ground swell of support for another coach comes in. (Dungy going this year, helped out his speed)

I guess the big question is McNabb, right?

I can see an argument for him, but he's definitely on the bubble and his post-NFL career has had some missteps, obviously.

The only other guy we have currently that would have some sort of potential would be Chandler Jones if he were to land some more pro bowls, but he doesn't seem dominant enough to get there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom