Props to AD Wildhack - he's better at his job than we are!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Props to AD Wildhack - he's better at his job than we are!!

"This trip ain't even gotten hard yet! But hard's coming" Sam Elliot

So Far he has done great and has a lot of people enthused including me. He and his staff have done a great job doing what they are known for. Now the hard work starts building a program that back up the recruiting Foundation he is laying.

We would all Kill I think for the record the other coach with the last name Brown in the Conference has. Yet in many ways that program seems to dissapoint almost every year with funky losses despite the fact they can recruit like crazy as well.

Since the mention of Wildhack came in the Football forum , ill refrain from mentioning some of the other hires the jury is still out on, oh darn i did mention it dang it .

With better players, we should win games we lost in the past...regardless of coaching. Players win games, schemes and coaching strategy can cover some talent deficiencies for the short term, but in the long run, it is the Jimmy's and the Joe's..not the X's and the O's. At this point, there should be no negativity concerning the new coaching hires. ..None...zero! Let's all just enjoy this moment...I am posting a sign on all these threads that read: Orange Fans: Help wanted: Seeking Encouragers Only, we already have enough critics and haters...
Careful friend. I made this argument early on and got skewered for it. With all this recruiting excitement, perhaps people now can see the light.

1702816941706.jpeg

While it’s been fun watching Fran do the part of the job that no one questioned, he still has the same number of head coaching wins as me. You may want to slow your roll a bit or risk eating crow yourself. Let’s hope for all our sanity you are right.
The part of the job that no one questioned has to date exceeded everyone's expectations. I have a strong sense Fran and his staff will coach circles around what the last group did.

The part of the job that no one questioned has to date exceeded everyone's expectations. I have a strong sense Fran and his staff will coach circles around what the last group did.
That’s not a high bar to clear but I agree. I’m excited too. I’m just pointing out it’s a little early to declare victory before the first snap of his head coaching career.

Why is eating crow a saying? Does crow taste bad? Real question.

I’d Google it but internetting on phones sucks.
From Quora:
Crow meat is incredibly bitter.

No one eats it voluntarily - but if you lose a bet, the penalty might be to “eat crow.”

If you make a public statement and find yourself publicly wrong - it is as bitter as eating crow.

"This trip ain't even gotten hard yet! But hard's coming" Sam Elliot

So Far he has done great and has a lot of people enthused including me. He and his staff have done a great job doing what they are known for. Now the hard work starts building a program that back up the recruiting Foundation he is laying.

We would all Kill I think for the record the other coach with the last name Brown in the Conference has. Yet in many ways that program seems to dissapoint almost every year with funky losses despite the fact they can recruit like crazy as well.

Since the mention of Wildhack came in the Football forum , ill refrain from mentioning some of the other hires the jury is still out on, oh darn i did mention it dang it .
You get a Like for the (inadvertent?) Sam Elliot reference. ;)

Careful friend. I made this argument early on and got skewered for it. With all this recruiting excitement, perhaps people now can see the light.
Appreciate the warning, I really do! I would watch the games with my wife, she knows the game just a little bit, and she would always remark...why are our guys so small compared to all the teams we play? the talent gap between Syracuse and most of it's ACC opponents was obvious.

Appreciate the warning, I really do! I would watch the games with my wife, she knows the game just a little bit, and she would always remark...why are our guys so small compared to all the teams we play? the talent gap between Syracuse and most of it's ACC opponents was obvious.
With the talent we are assembling in the portal and recruiting, it should translate to at least 2 more wins even if this staff can’t coach a lick….which I doubt is true. Never thought Dino was a great gameday coach.

If you are handing him the national championship because he is recruiting well you’re not doing it right. Jimbo Fisher just got fired and he had the greatest recruiting class ever.
True, but no one is doing that. Handing him the national championship is a big leap from celebrating recruiting success and coaching hires. People are dreaming and enjoying the moment, no one is seriously believes we will win the championship in the next year or two.

If you are handing him the national championship because he is recruiting well you’re not doing it right. Jimbo Fisher just got fired and he had the greatest recruiting class ever.
Yawn.

He got fired over *not* turning talent into enough wins while having an astronomical salary

Fran is getting the talent, hasn’t coached a single minute yet, and is at a program where back to back bowl games is an accomplishment

Everyone knows he’ll have to win games - and his chances of that go up with every 4*

Enjoy the ride

JW was open minded enough to take his call, listen, follow up, do a deep dive, consult with the donors, and have the stones to pull the trigger.
Leader.
This I agree with. Credit to Wildhack for what you said.

Nobody can deny with Coach Fran has accomplished in less than a month on campus but he has to coach the team as well. It's called Head Coach not Head Recruiter. So while it looks like a great hire as of now, let's see what we are saying in November of 2025.

This I agree with. Credit to Wildhack for what you said.

Nobody can deny with Coach Fran has accomplished in less than a month on campus but he has to coach the team as well. It's called Head Coach not Head Recruiter. So while it looks like a great hire as of now, let's see what we are saying in November of 2025.
Obvious statement winner.

It supposedly goes back to Napoleon. When the French Army got stuck in Russia over the winter they were literally starving to death and resorted to eating crows to stay alive. The crows had fed on the bodies of the dead French soldiers. Hence the term eating crow as a negative connotation. Thus could be BS but what I learned.
nbc-the-more-you-know-logo-1996-dwayne.jpg