Props to Dickie V | Syracusefan.com

Props to Dickie V

Dukie V was great as usual except when he said that CJ struggled shooting deep last year. Hmmmmmmmmmmm he led the team with 43% I believe. Dookie blew that one. I'll give him a pass. It happens to everyone from time to time. He loves our program and Jimmy B.

He did well except at the end of regulation when he let out an audible "Nooooo" when Duke allowed Ennis to get the in-bounds pass.

Stayed with this game the entire 45 mins. No off tangent rants on nonsense not pertaining to the game. When he does this he is good. The game was too good to let him loose.

Well done Cuse!!!! Another Dome classic.
For Dick Vitale it was a good game.
But he still talks WAY too much.

Also...nice transition to the game by ESPN...showing Boeheim and K shaking hands and smiling before the introductions.

Stayed with this game the entire 45 mins. No off tangent rants on nonsense not pertaining to the game. When he does this he is good. The game was too good to let him loose.

Well done Cuse!!!! Another Dome classic.

He was calling a duke game. No need to go on a tangent to mention duke when they're playing in front of him.

Aside from crow-baring in his Super Bowl prediction with under a minute in regulation Vitale was actually decent tonight.

Loved when he said Its Fair time when Fair started taking over in the second half. Awesome!

He did fit in his Boeheim Statue pitch, but he was fine. He was enjoying the atmosphere and the game. He was hugely complementary of our players, program, coaching staff, etc. What more do you want? Sure he talks alot but they pay the guy to talk during games, ya know?

He goes off on tangents and he seems to show excessive love for some players or teams but he actually knows his sheeit and he's prepared for games.
I thought for tonight's game he and Dan Shulman (sp?) did a pretty good job.

Re-watching the game now.
Wojo gives your standard verbal diarrhea coach speak full of cliches.
Bilas actually calls him out on it @halfime. "umm well they didn't really turn it over or give up transition pts".
Little stuff like this that nobody else does is what makes Bilas awesome.

@DickieV
U better believe there is HOOPS HYSTERIA in Syracuse ! One of the top 5 games I have done in my 35 yrs - pic.twitter.com/cSiojaN7id

That is one heck of a compliment from a man who has done many big games. I saw little to nothing wrong with DickieV tonight. I understand if people dislike him they are going to look to find fault, but I think he did his job and did it well. The top 5 of all time(35 years) is going above and beyond. The basketball gods smiled upon us heavily today with this epic win, AZ and 3 other top 10 teams losing and yet we still want to pick quarrels about minor things??? Let's enjoy this moment people!!!

What the f do people want from Vitale? He called a great game and was extremely complementary of two of the best college coaches of all time, their programs and players, past and present, get off the guys ingg back. Good lord.

Dikie V is great for college basketball. His pure enthusiasm for the game only added to the ambience of the game.
I would agree with this statement if he wasn't doing games. If he was a Lee Corso type on a pre-game show saying wild things making picks and being entertaining...he would be great for the game. Problem with Vitale is he does the games, takes away from the games, makes it about himself more than the action on the court, and ruins a lot of games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom