Prosecutor: Paternon Not Involved in Cover-Up | Syracusefan.com

Prosecutor: Paternon Not Involved in Cover-Up

I think it still comes down to the lack of follow up. Did he not think it was strange that this man was still hanging around. Did he not think to ask anyone about that? How about informing his staff to keep an extra vigilant eye on him. I do feel bad that Paterno's career and life ended this way. Very, very sad. But he still did not take care of things the way he should have. My opinions were never based on a possible cover up by Paterno.

LOL he had hard words for the other three. Just not Sandusky's immediate supervisor. No wonder nothing was ever done until it was very late in the game. And this one guys "opinion" doesn't change a thing.

He might not have been actively involved in some sort of grand scheme, conspiracy cover-up, but he certainly looked the other way when information was presented to him that he should have never been able to look away from. That, imo, is reprehensible.

He might not have been actively involved in some sort of grand scheme, conspiracy cover-up, but he certainly looked the other way when information was presented to him that he should have never been able to look away from. That, imo, is reprehensible.
of course. If someone told me what the red headed moron told Paturno, I would move heaven and earth to protect kids. And no one has ever said what happened to the kid that was in the bathroom with Sandusky. They just don't know. After not caring.

He had the power to change things and didn't use it. Turning a blind eye is the same as covering it up.

Nothing happened at Penn State that JoPa didn't know aobut and no decison was made he didn't have a lot of input in. Oh Lord

did any of you posters even watch the 60 Minutes Showtime special before posting something off the cuff (Bees)? Geez, let's not get our panties tied up in something that most (more like all) of us don't know in full detail/never saw the evidence.

First off, if you get showtime, I recommend watching 60 Minutes Sports. New episode first Wednesday of every month.

This episode contained an interview of Frank Fina, Chief Attorney General of the Sandusky case, and one of the other lead prosecutors (forget his name, McG- something).

Anyways, they spoke about how the case developed. How one kid came forward and they really had nothing to go on until Sandusky published his book, ironically titled "Touched", that basically provided a roundmap to the bother men since the book contained pictures with their names.

The prosecutors said all the men were timid to take the stand and were not forced to. It wasn't until Mike McQueary came forward that they really thought they had their case won (talked about the importance of having a 3rd party witness in these cases to solidify the case). Prosecutors said McQueary was unfairly treated and if you really put yourself in his shoes, you probably would have done the same thing (something I perssonally believe). They said they believe McQueary was probably in shock when he immediately saw Sandusky and went home told his dad, and then immediately told Paterno, which is what they believe most would do (I personally concur).

On Paterno, Fina said he saw no evidence that showed Paterno tried to cover up the Sandusky trial. My take is that Fina believes the power was in the President's, AD's and the other guy who is facing charges, hands, not Paterno. Even though Paterno was arguably the most powerful person on campus, the prosecutors insinuated it was ultimately the 3 men's responsibility (President, AD, and the other guy), not Paterno's

The only part about the statue was about it being taking down and Fina and the other prosecutor commented that they believe Penn State is trying to move forward but really needs to acknowledge what happened a little better before moving forward.

Last edited:
did any of you posters even watch the 60 Minutes Showtime special before posting something off the cuff (Bees)? Geez, let's not get our panties tied up in something that most (more like all) of us don't know in full detail/never saw the evidence.

First off, if you get showtime, I recommend watching 60 Minutes Sports. New episode first Wednesday of every month.

This episode contained an interview of Frank Fina, Chief Attorney General of the Sandusky case, and one of the other lead prosecutors (forget his name, McG- something).

Anyways, they spoke about how the case developed. How one kid came forward and they really had nothing to go on until Sandusky published his book, ironically titled "Touched", that basically provided a roundmap to the bother men since the book contained pictures with their names.

The prosecutors said all the men were timid to take the stand and were not forced to. It wasn't until Mike McQueary came forward that they really thought they had their case won (talked about the importance of having a 3rd party witness in these cases to solidify the case). Prosecutors said McQueary was unfairly treated and if you really put yourself in his shoes, you probably would have done the same thing (something I perssonally believe). They said they believe McQueary was probably in shock when he immediately saw Sandusky and went home told his dad, and then immediately told Paterno, which is what they believe most would do (I personally concur).

On Paterno, Fina said he saw no evidence that showed Paterno tried to cover up the Sandusky trial. My take is that Fina believes the power was in the President's, AD's and the other guy who is facing charges, hands, not Paterno. Even though Paterno was arguably the most powerful person on campus, the prosecutors insinuated it was ultimately the 3 men's responsibility (President, AD, and the other guy), not Paterno's

The only part about the statue was about it being taking down and Fina and the other prosecutor commented that they believe Penn State is trying to move forward but really needs to acknowledge what happened a little better before moving forward.

Cool story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't need to 'acknowledge it a little better'. How about a full investigation of Second Mile, for starters.

Ped State.

yeah it is. so let's stop referring to them as ped st.

Sure

Cool story.

Since the start of this horrible story you have been 150% sure you know all the details regarding what went on there. Why/how is that?

Since the start of this horrible story you have been 150% sure you know all the details regarding what went on there. Why/how is that?

Really? News to me.

yeah it is. so let's stop referring to them as ped st.
If you think JoePa is pure as the driven snow and knew nothing about this, I'd like to know what color the sky is in your world. I don't care what this guy says; there is no way he did not know what was going on.

Ped St

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom