Providence board strategy after loss go after Fine and Molestation | Syracusefan.com

Providence board strategy after loss go after Fine and Molestation

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
http://mbd.At their request, this n...rom this site./mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=8524860

I am really surprised at how few fans they seem to have. I know they are a small school but the city of providence should bring them more fans.

Only card their playing bc thats all they can say...pee wee fan base and program

I am really surprised at how few fans they seem to have. I know they are a small school but the city of providence should bring them more fans.

I would say that their decades of irrelevance would have killed their fan base, but our football board is more active than this.

PC fans are pretty despicable. I just remember reading Bud's column in 09 when they beat us at the Dunk about some of the homophobic/racist things coming from their student section that game and how that confirmed everything I have ever heard about PC.

I've always kinda liked Seton Hall - as a whole their fan base seems to be happy as heck they're in a strong conference, enjoy their good years, and don't get wound up in their down years. I've been to a bunch of Syracuse Seton Hall games at the Meadowlands or Prudential Center, and enjoyed the banter with their fans.

Providence I have no use for - its almost like their fan base feels everyone else in the Big East owes them something, when really the Big East was just an opportunity for the pencil-necked geek to hang out with the cool kids for a while. If we never play them again after moving to the ACC, we will still have played these classless losers too often.

Pretty sure there was a poll among media or coaches a few years ago that eviscerated the PC fanbase as being the biggest collections of asshats its the league. FrairJ must been be their spiritual leader. Wish I could find the link. It wasn't pretty.

There is a lot of anomosity between the Providence locals and the college kids. A lot of the area in and around Providence is economically depressed and they view the kids at PC as upper crust spoiled brats. There is not the same sense of community with the University as there is the commonality of Syracuse basketball being a regional phenomena and source of pride.

According to their "fans," we had all the calls tonight. LOL.

If you take out the last 6 minutes of the game, which is when the fouling flurry started to lengthen the game, SU had 18 fouls to their 9 for the game.

PU had a total of 10 more points from the line then us. And shot 12 more foul shots then us. I don't think they should be complaining.

Also seem to be bitching up a storm about SU fans chanting during the national anthem. I dont recall that ever happening for a home game though the student section does yell out something at the end but I can ever make it out.

I find it funny that Providence actually has a board. I guess you really can find anything on the internet...

If Ryan Gomes never gets your team out of the first round of the NCAA tourney, you know your team sucks.

Pretty sure there was a poll among media or coaches a few years ago that eviscerated the PC fanbase as being the biggest collections of asshats its the league. FrairJ must been be their spiritual leader. Wish I could find the link. It wasn't pretty.

It ran post standard a few years ago. I definitely remember reading that as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Also seem to be bitching up a storm about SU fans chanting during the national anthem. I dont recall that ever happening for a home game though the student section does yell out something at the end but I can ever make it out.

Pretty sure our students yell "O!!!" on the "O say does that Star Spangled Banner" line. I'm assuming they emphasize the O, meaning Orange I guess. This is what I"m sure the PC fans are referring to. Pretty innocuous if you ask me.

We can always bring up "Tire Iron" Barnes. That always strikes a nerve with PC alums.

According to their "fans," we had all the calls tonight. LOL.

If you take out the last 6 minutes of the game, which is when the fouling flurry started to lengthen the game, SU had 18 fouls to their 9 for the game.
Their fans were some of the stupidest people i've ever met. The man next to me was very knowledgeable and complimented us a lot, but the idiots behind me said let them play when Providence committed a foul, and was calling bullshit on every drive providence had down where they didn't score. The lack of basketball knowledge was pretty funny. They didn't even know the bonus rules. Great arena though, great turn out by our fans.

funny some of their fans did the same thing after the game in the parking garage

Their fans were some of the stupidest people i've ever met. The man next to me was very knowledgeable and complimented us a lot, but the idiots behind me said let them play when Providence committed a foul, and was calling bullshit on every drive providence had down where they didn't score. The lack of basketball knowledge was pretty funny. They didn't even know the bonus rules. Great arena though, great turn out by our fans.
It really is a great arena. No bad seats, everything pretty close to the action. Officiating was horrible. Providence fans, for being in the 'cradle of college basketball' are essentially clueless.

Pretty sure our students yell "O!!!" on the "O say does that Star Spangled Banner" line. I'm assuming they emphasize the O, meaning Orange I guess. This is what I"m sure the PC fans are referring to. Pretty innocuous if you ask me.
Yes ... It's "O" on the "O say ... etc." ... that is probably what the grumble was. I personally get a kickout of it especially in the dome when everybody yells it

And to respond to one of the posters ... once SU leaves for the ACC we will never see P(U)C again ... I think even Andy Katz (?) made note of that. Yeah, we'll still be scheduling (maybe) GTown, UConn, etc. but the end of the PC series is upon us...

Yeah, they emphasize the "O" as a whole. Its nothing that most other fanbases don't do. I remember when I was going to Union College, for hockey games, there were a few tips and cues during the anthem, and we would go back and forth with the RPI fans during it. As you mentioned, pretty harmless.

first off, I am a catholic. But I find it remarkable that a catholic school would dare throw the molestation charges at us.

Those of faith are not any more 'moral' than those who are not of faith. This seems to be a widely accepted "fact" among religious people. If anything, being faithful in a non-existent being (ie. unicorns, dragons, 'God') would classify individuals as disillusioned patients, not reasonable thinking beings.

Yeah, they emphasize the "O" as a whole. Its nothing that most other fanbases don't do. I remember when I was going to Union College, for hockey games, there were a few tips and cues during the anthem, and we would go back and forth with the RPI fans during it. As you mentioned, pretty harmless.

Cornell fans shout "Red" during a line of the Star Spangled Banner, as well. No big deal.

Labeling that or what we did as "chanting" through the entire national anthem is dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom