Providence board strategy after loss go after Fine and Molestation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Providence board strategy after loss go after Fine and Molestation

Honestly having the National Anthem before every sports match is a pretty dumb tradition. And is it ever presented these days without some military or paramilitary presence. Should those of us not in the armed forces get our own flag?

SU fans did create a bit more ruckus than the "O" during the anthem, mostly fans behind the basket in front of the PC bench.

Guy behind me started the game yelling "Where's Joe Paterno" every five minutes (from his back row seat) but finally gave up. I couldn't convince another guy behind me that the foul called against PC that sent Fab to the line with a couple of minutes to go actually was the best outcome that could have come from that play from a PC standpoint. But in general the PC fans I chatted with were cool and optimistic about the future given the youth of their team and the impending arrival of Ricky Ledo (well, maybe...). Of course I didn't act like a fist pumping asshat at the game either. I did see a nice argument over a urinal after the game. "Here's your bitchass urinal". Rhode Island - New Jersey of New England, as soon as I cross the border I feel dirty. And the air outside the arena smelled like diarrhea.

I had a fan come at me on twitter telling me I was completely bias, that I wrong in complaining about the officials, and that it was two BS charge calls against Providence that let Syracuse win. He then said Council is a great player (he is very good no doubt) and he would start on Syracuse, and take all of the minutes at the point. I answered back that I thought the officiating was bad on both ends of the floor, but Providence had the block/charge in their favor all night. I also said Council turns the ball over far too much and he would struggle to find minutes here this year. He'd be behind Scoop, Waiters, Triche. He said I was crazy and Council would school any of them, and the only reason he turns it over so much is because he has no talent around him. If you put Council on Syracuse he'd average 10 assists a game and wouldn't turn it over.

There is a lot of anomosity between the Providence locals and the college kids. A lot of the area in and around Providence is economically depressed and they view the kids at PC as upper crust spoiled brats. There is not the same sense of community with the University as there is the commonality of Syracuse basketball being a regional phenomena and source of pride.
Have some family that went to PC ... this is spot on.

Having grown up in southern Mass., and having rooted for PC in '87 against SU (sorry), I can say that their fan base is pretty ugly. They do turn out to fill the Dunk at times, but you'd think for a program that's been relatively relevant for many decades that they'd be more savvy.

But it's a tiny, private school in a city with several other tiny, private schools, in a region that cares infinitely more about the Pats, Sox, Celtics and Bruins.

I was in Providence for work back in September. We were consulting with a bunch of local police and firefighters - blue collar types that you think would be huge local sports fans. So I made a friendly comment like, "Now I hope you guys don't give me a hard time, I'm a Syracuse fan and you probably think I'm a traitor for us bolting to the ACC." <blank stares>. Not one of them was a Friar basketball fan. I get the vibe that Providence is just Boston, Jr. and is strictly a pro sports town.

Those of faith are not any more 'moral' than those who are not of faith. This seems to be a widely accepted "fact" among religious people. If anything, being faithful in a non-existent being (ie. unicorns, dragons, 'God') would classify individuals as disillusioned patients, not reasonable thinking beings.

Eat me.

Pretty sure our students yell "O!!!" on the "O say does that Star Spangled Banner" line. I'm assuming they emphasize the O, meaning Orange I guess. This is what I"m sure the PC fans are referring to. Pretty innocuous if you ask me.

That happens all the time at sporting events. Baltimore specifically with the Orioles but Ive even heard it at Hershey Bears games since they are the Caps AHL affiliate.

Those of faith are not any more 'moral' than those who are not of faith. This seems to be a widely accepted "fact" among religious people. If anything, being faithful in a non-existent being (ie. unicorns, dragons, 'God') would classify individuals as disillusioned patients, not reasonable thinking beings.

Waaayyyy OT and a pretty unnecessary cheap shot at all those that don't share your view point.

And to respond to one of the posters ... once SU leaves for the ACC we will never see P(U)C again ... I think even Andy Katz (?) made note of that. Yeah, we'll still be scheduling (maybe) GTown, UConn, etc. but the end of the PC series is upon us...
I don't know I could see JB scheduling PC still

I don't know I could see JB scheduling PC still

No way! He's even said as much. Gtown, St. John's possibly Nova and Uconn.

What possible reason would we have to play Providence whether it be home or away if they are not in our conference?

We would only play them in the NCAA or in a pre-season tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom