PS: When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench like this, Syracuse basketball wins a lot of games | Syracusefan.com

PS: When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench like this, Syracuse basketball wins a lot of games

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse, N.Y. — When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench, Syracuse usually wins. And Jim Boeheim thinks he's got a very deep bench heading into the 2016-17 season.

"This is the most guys that I think we've ever had in terms of having guys that can play,'' Boeheim said recently. "We've got 10 guys that can play.''

Syracuse's roster consists of exactly 10 scholarship players. Boeheim thinks that every one of them; from fifth-year senior Dajuan Coleman to incoming freshman Taurean Thompson, can help the Orange this season...

When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench like this, Syracuse basketball wins a lot of games (Waters)

"We don't have subs. We have reinforcements." Always liked that line by Cal!
Wait a minute. Didn't he say platoons? And I HATED that! And all the newscasters echoing it. Kind of made me sick. Not kind of. REALLY nauseated me. :vomit:

Oh, but now that WE have a really deep, talented bench, I am skipping around the yard and picking daisies. Tra la la la la!

Syracuse, N.Y. — When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench, Syracuse usually wins. And Jim Boeheim thinks he's got a very deep bench heading into the 2016-17 season.

"This is the most guys that I think we've ever had in terms of having guys that can play,'' Boeheim said recently. "We've got 10 guys that can play.''

Syracuse's roster consists of exactly 10 scholarship players. Boeheim thinks that every one of them; from fifth-year senior Dajuan Coleman to incoming freshman Taurean Thompson, can help the Orange this season...

When Jim Boeheim has a deep bench like this, Syracuse basketball wins a lot of games (Waters)

My favorite line from another coach was, "Syracuse is like Noah's Ark, they have have two of everything" I forget what year this was and who the coach was.

Wait a minute. Didn't he say platoons? And I HATED that! And all the newscasters echoing it. Kind of made me sick. Not kind of. REALLY nauseated me. :vomit:

Oh, but now that WE have a really deep, talented bench, I am skipping around the yard and picking daisies. Tra la la la la!

He did describe it as a platoon at one point. This bothers you?! My people get sensitive on here. Don't tell me this is somehow slighting the military as well, lol.

He did describe it as a platoon at one point. This bothers you?! My people get sensitive on here. Don't tell me this is somehow slighting the military as well, lol.
I despise the way he has recruited so many players for the One & Done, forevermore changing college bball so that even high and mighty Duke is forced to play this game. I don't like the way the college bball commentators spoke about it so glowingly. I am sad that college bball is not the way it once was, but of course I will adapt.

And then I made fun of myself.

I despise the way he has recruited so many players for the One & Done, forevermore changing college bball so that even high and mighty Duke is forced to play this game. I don't like the way the college bball commentators spoke about it so glowingly. I am sad that college bball is not the way it once was, but of course I will adapt.

I didn't mind the platoon comment as well. The more the merrier to deploy out there on the court.

BBeadle I ADORE your new avatar! My HS mascot was known as Chocolate Moose. I had him from 1977 until a few years ago when he was literally too moth eaten to salvage.

BBeadle I ADORE your new avatar! My HS mascot was known as Chocolate Moose. I had him from 1977 until a few years ago when he was literally too moth eaten to salvage.
Thank you! The avatar was made for me by Flacusian's brother before I went to Alaska end of August. I was convinced I was going to see moose (I did!) and therefore that should be my new avatar. Isn't he the best?? Just like our team.

I particularly enjoy how his hooves grip the ball.