PS: Will 'College Gameday' ever come to Syracuse? ESPN producer on how it can happen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Will 'College Gameday' ever come to Syracuse? ESPN producer on how it can happen

We were a part of Gameday before, they were there for the Su/Miami game in 01.
Right on. My wife, daughter and I were there, too. Coulda heard a pin drop at the end of that game. Seems people stayed in their seats a much longer time than usual before they left. We were awfully close to pulling the upset of #1 Miami. Awfully close. Still vivid in my mind. Hope we can pull it off tonight! LGO.

Also SU blocked a punt late in the 2nd quarter and had the ball around the VT 30. SU was up 14-3 at the time. With Freeney going nuts and dome in a frenzy a 21-3 score at the half with Freeney able to pin his ears back in the 2nd half may have been too much for even Vick to overcome. P and D went conservative and essentially set up a FG try for that poor kicker whose name I forget that had clearly proven up to that point in the season that any FG over 40 yds. was shaky potatoes. He of course misses the FG and the score remains 14-3 at the half. Nunes implodes and Vick makes enough plays for VT to pull out the victory.
It didn't help that Freeney got hurt in that game. I don't think he played much in the second half. He injured his spleen and was out the rest of the year.

Right on. My wife, daughter and I were there, too. Coulda heard a pin drop at the end of that game. Seems people stayed in their seats a much longer time than usual before they left. We were awfully close to pulling the upset of #1 Miami. Awfully close. Still vivid in my mind. Hope we can pull it off tonight! LGO.
Your not talking about '01, are you? We got waxed that game. It was '92 that we almost beat them when they were # 1.

BC
PITT
CUSE
MIAMI
UL
FSU
VT

Wake
UNC
NCST
DUKE
CLEMSON
UVA
GT

Still don't know why the ACC didn't realign the divisions this way in 2013 when Pitt and Cuse was added. I don't think anyone would have complained about this considering you keep old Big East rivalries and the Carolina's are happy they all get to play each other as well.
They want FSU and Miami in separate divisions so they can meet in the title game every year... Of course this assumes Miami ever gets its program back to where it was. As for the rest I have no idea.

They want FSU and Miami in separate divisions so they can meet in the title game every year... Of course this assumes Miami ever gets its program back to where it was. As for the rest I have no idea.
Maybe you substitute Clemson for FSU. They don't care about the NC ties, do they?

There ya go, it's easier than I thought. Have a decent year, follow it up by blowing out a couple bad teams early to get in the top 10, and play a top 5 team that's considered a NC contender.