PTI | Syracusefan.com

PTI

Spectacular.

Can anybody give a rundown or link for those of us not able to catch it?

:rolling:
Spectacular.
Can anybody give a rundown or link for those of us not able to catch it?

I did not take notes, but here are a few things I remember.
-Would not want to lose a game just to take away the pressure of being undefeated.
-The current pressure will help in the tournament when one loss ends a season.
-Overall quality of players is not as good as in days of old when top players stuck around for four years.
-College game is still very good basketball.
-Started to think this year's team could be good when Ennis and Cooney played well in Canada.
-NBA stars (Melo and Durant) need to find a team where they can win a championship.
-A number of current college players could end up being stars in the NBA, but it will take them a couple years.
-It is 5:55 and Georgetown still sucks.

-Would not want to lose a game just to take away the pressure of being undefeated.
-Overall quality of players is not as good as in days of old when top players stuck around for four years.
-Started to think this year's team could be good when Ennis and Cooney played well in Canada.
-NBA stars (Melo and Durant) need to find a team where they can win a championship.
-A number of current college players could end up being stars in the NBA, but it will take them a couple years.
I almost forgot--he can't wait to answer SWC's questions tonight.

He really mentioned Durant in that context?

He was talking about great players who are viewed by some as not being so great if they never won a championship. He then mentioned Robert Horry who has 7 championships as a comparison. Sarcastically said he thought Peyton Manning was a great QB until the Super Bowl loss.

It seems crazy that ESPN.com doesn't offer an archive of interviews like this. I can't seem to find a link to this anywhere. But then again, I'm not terribly bright.

djdan said:
It seems crazy that ESPN.com doesn't offer an archive of interviews like this. I can't seem to find a link to this anywhere. But then again, I'm not terribly bright.

You can find podcasts of PTI at the iTunes Store.

Even if you don't have a smartphone, you can go to espn.com --> radio --> podcenter. Search for PTI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom