Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Great day for a FL kid to be on campus. Foot of snow coming.
Actually snow was last night today is a Chamber of Commerce "Winter is Great in Syracuse!" day with sun and snow on the tree branches.

I see that he can Kick and punt in his video, if he can do both on the D-1 Level that would be a scholarship well spent. Syracuse always had an advantage with punters and kickers as we generally offer scholarships to them while the big boys often only offer preferred walk on status until you are the starter or not at all.

No. 2015...look up.
Yeah, saw that. Saw Phat's post and was wondering. Also, saw your first post and it said something about 2012 top tier kicker. At any rate, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Yeah, saw that. Saw Phat's post and was wondering. Also, saw your first post and it said something about 2012 top tier kicker. At any rate, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hey.. we aim to confuse.;)

saving a scholarship by having one guy do both would be nice...
I like having two. A primary punter and a primary kicker. You hope each can do all three jobs reasonably well in a pinch (KO, FG, Punt). Having them athletic is a plus. Riley is a big kid (built like a TE) and he can lay a hit on. Ross (while small) is fast and can push a long returner out of bounds or ankle tackle him.

The kid seems to have a big leg. I'm really pleased to see that the staff recognizes the importance of the kicking game by extending an early offer. IMO a good punter is invaluable when you play the sort of low-scoring, field position games that SU does,

To be fair, I think our oc plans on needing someone to kickoff quite a bit vs punting.

Sterling Hofrichter ‏@shofrichter10 7m
Got another handwritten letter from #syracuse.
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png

Do SEC schools give kickers scholarships?

No officials though ... I know the family of the kid that walked on at South Carolina ... Fry ... most of the time its walkons unless he is really special.

No officials though ... I know the family of the kid that walked on at South Carolina ... Fry ... most of the time its walkons unless he is really special.
that's what i figured. might give us a leg up with Sterling. (that and the dome)