Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Tough crowd.
yqr16Umj2afKxKJCXzDYEuy5WwQ.jpg

From the article OE posted...

"Coach Shafer, he's really great," Hofrichter said. "He's not going to BS. He's going to tell you the truth. So it was great to know that he's not going to basically sugarcoat anything.
"Coach Shafer actually told me in our meeting that if I wanted to commit he wouldn't let me anyway because he wants me to go home, think about it and all that.
"It's a little odd but that's the character I guess. It's really great to not have him really pressuring me. It was great for him to say, 'kind of take your time, but let us know as soon as possible what you're going to do.' "

From the article OE posted...

"Coach Shafer, he's really great," Hofrichter said. "He's not going to BS. He's going to tell you the truth. So it was great to know that he's not going to basically sugarcoat anything.
"Coach Shafer actually told me in our meeting that if I wanted to commit he wouldn't let me anyway because he wants me to go home, think about it and all that.
"It's a little odd but that's the character I guess. It's really great to not have him really pressuring me. It was great for him to say, 'kind of take your time, but let us know as soon as possible what you're going to do.' "

Also known as the anti-Schiano/Flood method of recruiting.

Also known as the anti-Schiano/Flood method of recruiting.

I hope our staff told him that only Cuse is a family and all the other teams hate each other, like the Buttgers players told Walker yesterday. That program is all class.

Sterling Hofrichter ‏@shofrichter10 1h
Just got my first college scholarship offer from #Syracuse. #blessed

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2900981/highlights/101724387
Any time you can get your #1 target at a position, it is reason to be pleased. Losing Dixon, Krautman and Norton completely strips special teams of all experiences placekickers and punters, so he will have some pressure on him, but I think he will be up to the task.

Has really good form and one of the most powerful legs I have seen in a while. Just hope he will stay healthy here. Hope the rugby player stays around as a backup...if not, I am sure the staff will bring in someone as a preferred walk-on to provide some depth just in case.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 9m
Just got off the phone with Hofrichter. He said the coaches expect him to come in and handle field goals, punts and kickoffs as a freshman.
This raises a bunch of questions, as these blanket statements in recruiting tend to do.

As far as we know, Punter Riley Dixon has eligibility through the 2015 season. Is this not true? As far as we know, Kicker Ryan Norton is still on the team. He also has eligibility through the 2015 season. Is he still on the team?