Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

At the end of the half when we had the ball and it was 4th and 10 and timeouts left, why not run a play with 10 seconds left to try and get a first down and in field goal range? Instead we go for the Hail Mary? Worst case is we give them the ball with maybe 2 seconds left on their own 40? I thought that was poor clock mgmt.
I disagree with this.

Hail mary essentially means we either score or dont. The other option gives Purdue an iota of a chance at scoring themselves.

A couple of other thoughts.

I thought Jeremiah Wilson balled out today. Very impressed with his cover skills and run support of the bubble screens. Johnson played well too.

I thought the secondary issues were mostly the safety positions.

McDonald was great. I mean, that dude is gonna be a star. He’s the next great one.

Unfortunately, it Thompson looks a step slow to me. Hope he’s still recovering. The LB corp in general is great.

Darton Darton Darton. What a dude.

Offensively it’s obvious the WRs need to step up. But that grab by Brown on the 3rd down was probably the most important play of the game.

Thought the OL was great. Actually better than I could have imagined.

I’m not worried about STs….yet. Adams needs a talking to. Can’t be coming out of the end zone on that last KO. The kickers I think will be fine. Stone foot has a rough game….jitters?

I’m not going to address the atrocious officiating. But it does bother me that Dino is so passive when calls go against us.

Can’t really add much to the Shrader discussion that hasn’t been said. He was fantastic. Still worried one of his outs is gonna be jumped for a pick 6.

Beck is a great play caller and QB coach. Those handoff fakes are taught. Love the constant pressure he puts on DBs with those deep shots. He creates the PI opportunities. Fantastic offense he runs. Such an upgrade from Anae. Modern football thinker.

On to Army..

I disagree with this.

Hail mary essentially means we either score or dont. The other option gives Purdue an iota of a chance at scoring themselves.
Don’t they have a chance to intercept it and run it back?

A couple of other thoughts.

I thought Jeremiah Wilson balled out today. Very impressed with his cover skills and run support of the bubble screens. Johnson played well too.

I thought the secondary issues were mostly the safety positions.

McDonald was great. I mean, that dude is gonna be a star. He’s the next great one.

Unfortunately, it Thompson looks a step slow to me. Hope he’s still recovering. The LB corp in general is great.

Darton Darton Darton. What a dude.

Offensively it’s obvious the WRs need to step up. But that grab by Brown on the 3rd down was probably the most important play of the game.

Thought the OL was great. Actually better than I could have imagined.

I’m not worried about STs….yet. Adams needs a talking to. Can’t be coming out of the end zone on that last KO. The kickers I think will be fine. Stone foot has a rough game….jitters?

I’m not going to address the atrocious officiating. But it does bother me that Dino is so passive when calls go against us.

Can’t really add much to the Shrader discussion that hasn’t been said. He was fantastic. Still worried one of his outs is gonna be jumped for a pick 6.

Beck is a great play caller and QB coach. Those handoff fakes are taught. Love the constant pressure he puts on DBs with those deep shots. He creates the PI opportunities. Fantastic offense he runs. Such an upgrade from Anae. Modern football thinker.

On to Army..

Stonefoot shanked one 20 yarder.

His other two went 40 & 43. The 40 yarder wasn't returned. We got flagged on the 43 yarder.

Don’t they have a chance to intercept it and run it back?
Sure, but I'd say theres a greater chance of that happening if we're running a 10 yard out to try to pick up the 1st than if they have to pick it off and run it back 100 yards.

Sure, but I'd say theres a greater chance of that happening if we're running a 10 yard out to try to pick up the 1st than if they have to pick it off and run it back 100 yards.
Sigh you have to run an out with time outs.
I bet they'd play soft too.

Agree defense was great, hard hitting. wish we had more QB pressure but maybe it was scheme and we were sitting back, not blitzing
\
We were. Rocky coached an amazing game

Has anyone pointed out that F. State only beat BC by 3 points today? All of our games are winnable if we stay healthy.
I can't even let myself consider it because there is no way the ACC is letting us win that game. The refs stole the 2021 game down there from us. We will never get a fair shake down there. It's too frustrating to get my hopes up.

Sigh you have to run an out with time outs.
I bet they'd play soft too.
Alright, run an inside slant then.

We were at the Purdue 41 with 4th and 11. Purdue is going to have a greater shot at scoring from the ~30 yard line than from the endzone.

GS has earned a pretty high level of appreciation. His game’s not traditional, but the guy produces and he has since the day he took over really.
Hes a leader balls as big as balloons.

I loved Spruill but Wax is an ACC big time LB. Not undersized and just hits. Mikel’s a dog like Zaire but Wax is a stud in his own right too
My favorite player going into last season was Stephon Thompson. He’s also a beast. NFL linebacker in my opinion. I don’t throw that around lightly. But, then came the injury. Now I haven’t heard his name called much. Makes me sad.

He did that because they were playing so much man, there were huge tracks of land because the wrs were running the secondary off.

Teams play zone the receivers will be fine
Bingo. They play a lot of man free with the safety off 20 yards. A dual threat QB should take advantage of the defenders turning their backs away from the QB

My favorite player going into last season was Stephon Thompson. He’s also a beast. NFL linebacker in my opinion. I don’t throw that around lightly. But, then came the injury. Now I haven’t heard his name called much. Makes me sad.
He’s been playing ok. Sharing the spot with Lowery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom