Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

So, about that 2nd fumble that we didn’t get.

Our guy literally had the ball.
isn’t “possessing” the ball what “possession” is judged by??!!
We had the ball, clearly on the ground, but by calling it their ball enabled them to say indisputable.

Pros
Running game on offense
Beck play design/playcalling outside of the failed tricked play
Run defense
Generating turnovers

Cons
Wide Receivers
Pass defense a little leaky
Penalties
Missing the 44 yard FG
Refs refs refs
Cons - None

Syracuse was firmly in control all game and it never felt like Purdue had a chance to win this one in spite of the fact that they were playing a night game at home. Shrader scored four times and accounted for almost four hundred yards. Now here’s why I’ll be ranking them ninth in my ACC power rankings this week:

GS has earned a pretty high level of appreciation. His game’s not traditional, but the guy produces and he has since the day he took over really.
I don't know. I think his game is very traditional... like circa 1945. He's amazing.

WRs a massive concern still. Weak secondary and couldn’t get open, couldn’t catch. Seperation got worse as the game went on.

I thought the poor separation late was somewhat due to the calls. Some weird calls by Beck late. Also Purdue could have been nailed for illegal contact quite a few times knocking guys off their route too far downfield.

WRs a massive concern still. Weak secondary and couldn’t get open, couldn’t catch. Seperation got worse as the game went on.
Weak secondary is a stretch. I think Card played well and took what we gave him. They dinked and dunked down the field. We clearly focused on the run and shut that down. Purdue had one big play in the pass game. It appeared more like Long’s scheme was to play off and make them play perfect.

We need to take Army seriously. They're a good team. If (not jinxing) we win that, I would have to imagine the Dome will sell out for Clemson.
Watched them against UTSA Friday. QB is not a great thrower but, they can run. Won;t be a cakewalk.

So, about that 2nd fumble that we didn’t get.

Our guy literally had the ball.
isn’t “possessing” the ball what “possession” is judged by??!!
Because the offensive player touched it while out of bounce the ball is dead. That was before SU had possession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom